• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-eq G Series

This would probably have to go one sale for $60 for me to buy it. I feel like the competition is just too steep. You can get similar bags for a third of the price.

quality cost. . a ok pair of shoes will easy set you back $100, but you can by shoes for $10. .a nice brand T-shirt can cost $100 and so on.
just because you can get a similar size discgolfbag for less than the Grip does not make the Grip expensive. .quality cost and i dont think Grip wants to be the cheapest. .they want to be the best, and then you simply dont make cheap bags. . .you make qualitybags

The design of the bag and the features were enough to convince me. I will report back with non-sponsored (or influencers given a free bag) thoughts when I get the bag in a week or so! Seems like a nice bag for travel or when I have my two year old walking with me and my 3 month old in the stroller.

It's a sharp looking bag and would appear to be a nice travel bag. Could see stocking it with my phone, wallet, headphones and some discs for a vacation where I may need to sneak in a DG round or three. The small size is appealing and all the pockets would help keep my items nearby. Also nice to have another top notch, high quality bag in the mix for new players.

But for myself, just not sure I need it. Have my Grip C14 (day) and C15 (glow) bags and the backpack cart so I can either roll a cart friendly course or pop my bag out for the more rugged courses. Love the bag quality and no issues with mine yet (knock on wood) so I have no plans to spend anymore on bags anytime soon. This G-series might have made a decent glow bag, carry a few less and room for UV flashlight and some basket lights along with personal items. Like Keller I got my C-series pretty cheap as well, somewhere in that $115 range which was well worth it. As of now I am all set and gonna pass on this new entry.

Asked the webbshop i use here in Sweden about the bag and they said it was not available in Europe yet :(

I want one to have at work so i have a few discs there if i feel like a quick round after work or even on my luchbreak

It's a satchel

^^ pretty much and is damn well designed too, but as Terry alluded to earlier in his video, I would much rather use a bag like this for many things other than disc golf. My DSLR camera gear comes to mind.

2a8udu.jpg

I wish it had backpack straps
This.

It's SO freakin' close to being the perfect small backpack that people have been clamoring for. Another potential downside (aside from price) is that it doesn't appear to have connection points for quads.

I like the thoughtful design, but can't help but think they left out some little tweaks that would've made it totally stand alone from the competition.

I mean they advertised it as the bag with "YOU" in mind. Backpack straps and the ability to hold a 40oz hydroflask would be awesome. Not sure if it actually doesn't hold a 40oz hydroflask but it doesn't look like it will.

This.

It's SO freakin' close to being the perfect small backpack that people have been clamoring for. Another potential downside (aside from price) is that it doesn't appear to have connection points for quads.

I like the thoughtful design, but can't help but think they left out some little tweaks that would've made it totally stand alone from the competition.

I've seen people use quads with only one connection point on each side.

Not sure how this would ride on your back with that type of set up though.

I'm sure someone will try it eventually.

I've seen people use quads with only one connection point on each side.
I've had to do that myself after a connection point tore on an older bag. Let me just say it's a nightmare and totally defeats the functionality. I mean yeah, you can do it, but it's very difficult to get them on and off when they're setup like that.

I basicly only use one strap on my backpack on the cource, the only time i use both is on the way to the cource

I wish it had backpack straps

Actually both with single strap as a clip on, could do both very well then I would think about getting it. So for shorter shots like putts or from basket to next tee unless you have a far walk then backpack. The other thing would I see the backpack straps for is from first drive to basket on most holes and possibly second even some third shots, depending on length of holes.

One big downside to one long strap is the risk for it to lay in the dirt most of the time. . .i probably going to take the strap of and just use the loop to carry it on the cource. . and i dont want the strap when i´m on my bike, if the strap get tangled in the weel it would be very bad

I got mine in today and took it out for a round, and I am happy with my purchase. Its the same material and quality as bigger Grip bags, and I think they did a good job designing it to get the most space out of such a small bag. I was able to fill it with 2 putters up too in the putter pocket, 3 rocs in the upper sleeve, 5 drivers in the lower sleeve, and a zone in the front pocket. So 11 Discs but you could probably get up to 15 if they were all drivers. And filling the bag with Discs doesn't affect the bottom storage or side pockets. Cell phone fits in the side pocket, but water bottles over 20-24 oz probably won't fit. I would have enjoyed a backpack strap too but the shoulder strip didn't bother me at all and seemed durable. Great option if you want a lightweight bag for 10 Discs or less with good storage, and want it to last more than a season or 2.

I got mine in today and took it out for a round, and I am happy with my purchase. Its the same material and quality as bigger Grip bags, and I think they did a good job designing it to get the most space out of such a small bag. I was able to fill it with 2 putters up too in the putter pocket, 3 rocs in the upper sleeve, 5 drivers in the lower sleeve, and a zone in the front pocket. So 11 Discs but you could probably get up to 15 if they were all drivers. And filling the bag with Discs doesn't affect the bottom storage or side pockets. Cell phone fits in the side pocket, but water bottles over 20-24 oz probably won't fit. I would have enjoyed a backpack strap too but the shoulder strip didn't bother me at all and seemed durable. Great option if you want a lightweight bag for 10 Discs or less with good storage, and want it to last more than a season or 2.

You may have convinced me. That's about how many discs and types I would be using. How tight is it when getting discs in and out?

Latest posts