• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Grip Line Plastic

somerbuch

Par Member
Has anyone tried the latitude 64 Grip Line plastic? I haven't really heard much about it, what kind of plastic does it compare to?

Has anyone tried the latitude 64 Grip Line plastic? I haven't really heard much about it, what kind of plastic does it compare to?

The Gripline feels like a harder star plastic, I have a Lat 64 spike putter and on 2 sides of the flight plate are really grippy sections for my thumb when putting. Seems to hold up well when wet too. Unsure if any other lat 64 disc is made in this plastic.

I think the medius, primitus, pure and mirus come in it as well which is why i was wonder what it's like since they only seem to have it for a select few of their discs.

it isn't anywhere near star durability..it is Lat's 'pro' plastic
They made grip line visions as well.

Unless you refuse to play with towels to dry your discs off the grip points seem to be just a novelty. But then again I think novelty discs are fun to have.

Im very fortunate to live nearby a disc golf vendor that literally carries every single disc in production at the moment. If its an option just go and grip a few at a shop. If not I don't really see a reason to buy the plastic just for its grippy sections when towels take care of this very well.

Unless you refuse to play with towels to dry your discs off the grip points seem to be just a novelty... If not I don't really see a reason to buy the plastic just for its grippy sections when towels take care of this very well.

Only the Spike has the strange grip points; the other discs are just regular discs in the 'grip line' plastic blend.

I agree, but I said it FEELS like a harder star plastic.

That's neat and all that you agree...but writing/saying that ^ gives people the wrong impression about grip line plastic. The op right before you asked what kind of plastic it compares to and that was your answer.

FWIW it is a little bit tougher than Innova pro...prolly somewhere between pro and star.

I had a grip line vision and it felt like innovas pro maybe a little harder like stated above. My vision was a floppy pos

Not a fan, but I like my putters to feel tacky or....have some grip to them! To me their base line plastic has more grip than their Grip line. One thing I did notice, if you slightly moisten the tips of your fingers (not much). It then lives up to it's name, but to much of a pain for me.
Can't say how well they hold up since I only threw them a few times before offing them.

Grip Line could be called a harder Pro plastic, a shiny Dx plastic or a hard non-grippy Star plastic. It's not great. Holds up Ok, but not as well as people expect after trying Opto and Goldline. It's called Grip Line but it isn't very grippy. Basically it is one of the few things I don't really like about Latitude. It's Ok. I'm using a Grip Line Pure right now a little bit. But after using their better plastics it is a let down.

So overall i've gathered that Grip Line plastic is a let down, doesn't have the durability of opto and gold line, and seems to be not worth a purchase. Thats all i wanted to know so i didn't know go and order something in it and got let down.

I think the medius, primitus, pure and mirus come in it as well which is why i was wonder what it's like since they only seem to have it for a select few of their discs.

It is for putters that you drive with. Zero line is more fragile.
Grip line is more durable, but it spins out of the basket, it is called grip line, but can not grip chains like Zero line.

So overall i've gathered that Grip Line plastic is a let down, doesn't have the durability of opto and gold line, and seems to be not worth a purchase. Thats all i wanted to know so i didn't know go and order something in it and got let down.

You tell me when you get a Gold Line Pure :rolleyes:. Opto and Gold line are not putter plastics.

There is a good number of people that use and like Grip Line Spikes and Pures, but other than that I don't know anyone that uses it for anything else.

It is for putters that you drive with. Zero line is more fragile.
Grip line is more durable, but it spins out of the basket, it is called grip line, but can not grip chains like Zero line.

You tell me when you get a Gold Line Pure :rolleyes:. Opto and Gold line are not putter plastics.

I wonder if a putter in opto plastic would be good though, its super grippy so i feel like it would stick in the chains really well.

I use the gripline spike for driving and approaches and never had a problem with the grip. It has never slipped in my hand and releases very nice. It takes a long time to wear them in, as they can take quite a beating. It feels like star but a little harder. Overall one of my favorite and most used discs. There is NO fade to this disc and I can throw it up 300ft with a nice hyper flip. The gripline model is designed for driving and approaches and flys farther with more glide, whereas the zeroline is designed for putting and grabs the chains a little better.