• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Aviar!

Levi615

Usually I putt with a gummy champ rhyno but I've totally fell in love with this new disc. has anyone else pick one of these up and started throwing one if so how do you like it and when do you pull out your gummy putters?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392239768272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392239768272.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 166
if they made a gstar bb aviar ill buy one. but my dx aviars last forever, i dont need a premium aviar

IMAG0294.jpg

picked this guy up yesterday, love the flexibility, reminds me of a mix between JK-x and yeti plastic, but ridiculously grippy. haven't had the opportunity to throw it yet because I unfortunately live in Minnesota :\ but I cannot wait to toss it.

I almost pulled the trigger on a blue today, but it will have to wait. To me the Aviars felt like they were close to R-Pro softness, but not quite there. Perfect for an approach disc IMO.

the question is, how do they catch chains?
same as other star aviars?

Acquired me a red 175 one today via DD. Haven't chucked it yet. Not sure what all the hype is about the G* plastic as this thing doesn't exactly feel gummy.

Or do I have to break it in first?

Acquired me a red 175 one today via DD. Haven't chucked it yet. Not sure what all the hype is about the G* plastic as this thing doesn't exactly feel gummy.

Or do I have to break it in first?

The Teebirds I have are pretty soft and gummy so idk what to tell you.

I don't think this plastic is what the hype is about, it's more about having new limited edition (for now) Teebirds and Destroyers to throw and collect.

If those 2 molds weren't available I doubt anyone would really care all that much about gstar.

if they made a gstar bb aviar ill buy one. but my dx aviars last forever, i dont need a premium aviar

This. I've never been a fan of Aviar P&A's in premium plastic, but a G* BB would be nice. Would likely be a better FLX Challenger and Evo Wiz.

I've been most tempted by these and the Leos. I really have zero complaints about my dx Classic Aviar, and I have a dx P&A after that.

The as far as flex for this blend, I predict that it's going to vary quite a bit. The star Foxbat run has the texture and appearance of Gstar, and they're pretty gummy vs normal Star, but not as gummy as the GStar Leo someone showed me.

I thought I would Weigh in on the flight of the disc the one I have pictured at the beginning of this thread now successfully made into my bag as one of my very favorite putters. All I have to say about the flight is it is straight as a laser and grabs chains beautifully.

the foxbats are exactly like the gstar teebirds i got from the proshop..out of the 3 preleased in the proshop the leo was the only one noticably gummier than most star

I thought I would Weigh in on the flight of the disc the one I have pictured at the beginning of this thread now successfully made into my bag as one of my very favorite putters. All I have to say about the flight is it is straight as a laser and grabs chains beautifully.

interesting

what weight?

I have a pal who putts lights out with a classic. He's had this old grid stamped for 10 years but it recently exploded on a tree. The new dx he bought feels like wax. This might work for him...