• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] GStar Teebirds

did we just shift this to a disc shilling discussion thread?

Has anyone thrown the gold g star birds from a few weeks ago?

I wish, those are pretty sweet looking. There are some for 50 skrillaz on ebay.

The stamp looks sick, but I used to have a gold ti nuke that I flicked, that stinking disc was hard to find every time i threw it. It's like it was camouflaged. I would rather have an orange or red one that pops, so I won't lose it, or walk by it 3 times before finding it.

Hole 14 over the Tennis courts must be money for a righty , i go right up the gut with a beat in Teebird

The center and right positions can be hit with a teebird flick but yea, I don't hyzer that hole due to the light pole which seems to have magical disc drawing powers.

bought a destroyer/teebird set of the GCC g-star fundraiser ... the teebird was amazingly flat, grippy, and not nearly as gummy as the g-star leopards. that's what led me to want to invest last night in the g-star teebird test run. these might not ever reach the lofty heights of the KC Pro 11x but they should be battling the Brinster teebirds for the next few years for steady increasing value.

It's not selfish, it's called hustling. If you can get your discs for free, that's where it's at. Supply and demand, you got the supply, hopefully there is a high enough demand to make it worth it.

Where are you selling them? What colors did you get? How much?

If I put them on ebay, I was going to do a 3 day, 1 dollar start auction with no reserve as they should reach market value due to the hype.

It looks like most of what I'll have left over is the low weight range in yellow and orange.

The center and right positions can be hit with a teebird flick but yea, I don't hyzer that hole due to the light pole which seems to have magical disc drawing powers.

There is a disc in one of them that i heard has been there for several years, i heard someone tried to get it and failed because it's melted into the light

There is a disc in one of them that i heard has been there for several years, i heard someone tried to get it and failed because it's melted into the light

Yea, I remember seeing it there a year+ back.

Maybe the magical pole hung it there as a warning to other discs that dared to tread the same path. :gross:

well, I had a ce qms that exploded on a cold tree last winter the first round I ever threw it. It wasn't new either:p

I've yet to have a disc crack on me but have only been playing for 2 years and most of the CE I'm throwing is 1st & 2nd runs which seem more pliable than some of the later runs, especially the 4th.

Yea, I remember seeing it there a year+ back.

Maybe the magical pole hung it there as a warning to other discs that dared to tread the same path. :gross:

That is the gulliest route ever, most of the righties i play with us it when the hole is in the position in between the 3 trees

bought a destroyer/teebird set of the GCC g-star fundraiser ... the teebird was amazingly flat, grippy, and not nearly as gummy as the g-star leopards. that's what led me to want to invest last night in the g-star teebird test run. these might not ever reach the lofty heights of the KC Pro 11x but they should be battling the Brinster teebirds for the next few years for steady increasing value.

Amazingly flat would be saaaweet.

Good to know that you think they are good investment also, I sure hope they steadily increase in value. I'm about 300 dollars in, and willing to let them sit if the value goes up. I'm just currently debating whether it would be easier to just unload them on the cheap and pay for a handful of them for my personal collection or wait a while.

I've yet to have a disc crack on me but have only been playing for 2 years and most of the CE I'm throwing is 1st & 2nd runs which seem more pliable than some of the later runs, especially the 4th.

oh man

two years in and your throwing CE. I'm impressed.

Yeah my destroyers arent as gummy as the leopards but they are still nice and grippy, but not super gummy. Really liking this plastic.

Yeah my destroyers arent as gummy as the leopards but they are still nice and grippy, but not super gummy. Really liking this plastic.

Does it have something to do with the width of the rim? The leopard has such a small rim that it seems like the flight plate is really gummy compared to the destroyer.

I will second that.

It helped that I picked up a 44 disc, vintage estate sale lot (2004 and back) with 3 CE discs included. The rest were mostly circle and bar stamped DX so I put a bag together with these and a CE Leo I picked up recently.

The 4 CE's cover my arse when trees and/or rocks want to chew up the DX but for the most part, I'm chucking the DX about 95% of the time.

What amazes me is how true to the numbers all of this older DX is.

Does it have something to do with the width of the rim? The leopard has such a small rim that it seems like the flight plate is really gummy compared to the destroyer.

yeah id imagine the rim affects it. the flight plate is softer than my normal star destroyers but the disc in general is not as gummy as a g star leopard.

I couldn't get mine at lunch so I'm going after work which knocks out any daylight to throw one.

Tomorrow is another day.

Latest posts