• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar vs Pro Corvette

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I have a Gstar Corvette. It is long, fast and straight. For my arm, it stays flat or barely turns. I can throw hyzer into wind and it is stable.

Will a Pro Corvette be less stable than Gstar? If not, I don't need one.

I'll probably buy one tomorrow. Thanks.

twistedraven is 100% correct, but damn, that didn't take much to convince you. At least you gave it almost 2 hours before deciding if it was worth it or not. ;)

twistedraven is 100% correct, but damn, that didn't take much to convince you. At least you gave it almost 2 hours before deciding if it was worth it or not. ;)

I might not, but I probably will, lol... if they have some, AND the dome and PLH are similar to the Gstar I have... AND it's not a horrid color... I'll probably grab one...

Or I'll keep working on form and all my discs will shift less stable. This is what I should do.

Pro plastic breaks in in a couple weeks if you hit trees with every throw and use it for one disc rounds.

I say get one in pro, you won't regret it.

There is a 40acre field in front of my house. They fertilized two days ago. I'm about to lose my practice field once they plant. I promise to throw it as much as possible. Spike hyzers are also pretty good at break in.

How far do you throw? G* Corvettes will turn fairly easily at about 350' or more. I can get G* Corvettes to 450'+, but it takes a hyzer release.

One thing I like about the G* Corvette is that it hasn't broken in or gotten any flippier. One of my G*s has hundreds of throws on it and still performs great.

FWIW, the G* Corvette is one of the longest discs on the market right now. If I had to list the top 3 longest molds I've ever thrown, G* Corvette would be 1 or 2.

A pro Corvette would probably bomb.... for a while. Once it broke in it'd be too flippy.

I can throw drivers around 400 in an open field. Sometimes. I've touched 440s a couple of times, but I'm getting better at feeling the right form. I'm honestly not sure how far I throw now because the wind has been howling ever since the snow melted... so I've been practicing in high winds.

Oh, and also...

attachment.php

Attachments

• CF89B6AA-6ED2-4B60-B61E-9103ECB9AD42.jpg
    CF89B6AA-6ED2-4B60-B61E-9103ECB9AD42.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 58
First impressions: the Pro Corvette has the most dome I've ever seen on a disc. I thought my Pharaoh had the most, but nope. The Gstar Corvette has a 2.5" wide flat spot on top of the impressive dome, but the Pro has no flat, it's all dome.

Flight: right off the shelf the Pro is the slightest bit less stable than the Gstar with a couple dozen rounds. It glides 40' farther than the Gstar on similar throws. The Pro dome seriously glides. I hope that extra dome gives the Pro slight stability once it's met some trees. I was looking for a little flippier Corvette to possibly replace my flippy Pharaoh (might be retired with my first and only Ace). The Pro Corvette is not flippy enough yet, but it certainly goes farther.