• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guy with Hatchet is Ruining our local courses..SMH

BMFNT

Bogey Member
Just posted on our local FB Disc golf page:

'Soooo, yesterday was a new experience on the course for me. As I was playing, I witnessed a young man , dark hair, carrying a blue lat64 bag and what I thought was a hatchet with him while playing disc golf. I tried to rationalize in my head what he would be needing a hatchet for, but to no avail. Unfortunately, he demonstrated why he was carrying as I walked up to 7's tee pad and witnessed him wailing on one of the newly planted trees in 7's fairway. Due to lack of restraint, my immediate response to this was to yell at him "hey dip$!*^, f@#$ing quit that!!! This is the epitome of why dg has a bad rap. If you see anyone , including this dipstick, destroying our course, be sure to speak up.'

Being that I am on the ACDGC board, I feel like it's part of my job to make sure this stops. My question is how would you handle this and what can we do in the future to prevent course vandalism?

Yeah finish the story what happened when you confronted him? :popcorn:

It was another club member that posted this.

I would assume he had Tourney plastic on the handle.

Never mess with a guy with a hatchet in his hand, no matter what the plastic.

Actually, you call the police. It's vandalism pure and simple. Let the police deal with him.

I would never confront anyone with a sharp blunt object in their hand, seems to be asking for trouble.

If you are carrying a lat64 tourney bag i assume you aren't a casual player and know better. like others have said let popo take care of that.

Never mess with a guy with a hatchet in his hand, no matter what the plastic.

Actually, you call the police. It's vandalism pure and simple. Let the police deal with him.

Yup, call the police. I would simply tell them there is a guy with a hatchet running around the park.
Take pics. This is a great deterrent today. If you run across someone penning their signature penis renderings onto a picnic table, take a pic and tell him to stop the asinine behavior. Then post the DB's pic on social media for everyone to keep an eye on him.

Was the hatchet Tournament or VIP plastic?

lol, if that's the case than please forgive me as I've thrown many a hatchets at trees :mad:

Seriously though, dunno what I would have done. I think you did the right thing, but I am a little more cautious when a weapon is involved. I don't want to get injured or be forced to bludgeon someone to death with their own weapon. Never know what's going or not going through someones mind. I would have assessed the situation and probably asked him if everything was alright, acted as if I was concerned for him and less about the tree or the weapon. If things got out of control or he did considerable amount of damage I would have gladly called the police and let them handle it.

Yup, call the police. I would simply tell them there is a guy with a hatchet running around the park.
Take pics. This is a great deterrent today. If you run across someone penning their signature penis renderings onto a picnic table, take a pic and tell him to stop the asinine behavior. Then post the DB's pic on social media for everyone to keep an eye on him.

That's a horrible idea. Cops have firearms you know, and they're prone to use them when they think they're dealing with a weapon wielding drug addict. while I do agree this guy is an ******* I would argue the guy that intentionally misleads the cops and gets someone killed is an even bigger *******.

That's a horrible idea. Cops have firearms you know, and they're prone to use them when they think they're dealing with a weapon wielding drug addict. while I do agree this guy is an ******* I would argue the guy that intentionally misleads the cops and gets someone killed is an even bigger *******.

I hate to think we're to the point where we're afraid to call the police. If you call the police, say the guy is vandalizing public property with a hatchet, you've done your job.

In your scenario, the only person who would be getting somebody killed is the weapon wielding drug addict. If the cops say drop the weapon and dude doesn't, you can't blame the person who called the cops.

You probably did the right thing. I for one would have thrown Rocs at him. I have four, probably would have hit him with at least one hard enough that he couldnt Escape. I wonder if there is any Truth behind this story though. Do you have any Evidence to back your story up? Any Witnesses? You'll need it if you want to bring your claims to the Warden. That is if you want to seek legal Justice for what he did.

I would Breakout the Force against this Villain, and with one Surge of Inertia, I would Catapult my balled fist right to this Wahoo's Orbital, to take away his Vision. He would be in a World of Pain after the Torrent, presumably in Shock. This is what being a Renegade with a Hatchet will get you, Pure and simple. Don't let me Witness it.

Wichita Code:

Sec. 9.03.450. - Flora and turf.
It is unlawful for any person to remove or injure any form of plant life from park property, including the removal of wood, turf, grass, soil, rock, sand and gravel, except by a duly authorized city or park employee or authorized contractor in the performance of his/her duties or unless specifically authorized by the director.
(Ord. No. 48-709, § 45, 4-13-2010)
Sec. 9.03.540. - Violation—Penalty.
(a) It is a misdemeanor for any person to knowingly and willfully violate any provision of this chapter.
(b) Every person who is convicted of violating the provisions of this chapter may be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00).
(Ord. No. 48-709, § 54, 4-13-2010)

Was he carrying a bottle of Faygo?

wallpaper_20100317011533_676852472.jpg

Latest posts