• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

H.O.D. 2/17/2011

snappyfingers

* Ace Member *
Ber Juan Park
Rolla, MO

Hole #9
Red, 385', Par 4
Blue, 500', Par 4

3bed0b9c.jpg

44a38929.jpg

acdeba2e.jpg

Link to course map

Last edited:
i love having to cut into a cove, looks like an awesome rhbh rip - flat star destroyer on a hyza

..just watch out for the GL or your going OB

Red - Star Leo on a hyzer flip (disced down) then Buzzz or Aviar
Blue - Star Leo again, then either Leo or Buzzz.

Ah, Ber Juan...this is my home course. The wind is the wild card. Sometimes it blows in your face, which makes it a TeeBird shot off the tee so that I don't end up in the lake. With the wind at my back I can go for more D with a Roadrunner, throw it with a little hyzer and it will be safe. The pin placement turns a lot of good drives into 3's, but I get away with a lot of bad drives and still pull off the 3. If you are short and up the hill on your drive, it's a pretty simple hyzer approach between the trees to set up your putt. Placing your drive so that one of those trees is not in your way on your deuce putt is a whole different animal. It's a cool hole, probably the best one on that course.

BTW, I've hit that birdhouse in the fairway by the lake before. Epic Shot. :doh: It's not nearly as far away from the tee as it looks in the picture. There is another birdhouse over off to the side of the fairway on # 2; I've hit that one as well (in league play with witnesses.) :wall:

Something to note: The Blue tee is not behind the red tee, it is over to the right so that you have to carry a bunch of that lake to be dry on the fairway. From the Blue I concede the three; I throw a Predator and aim short so that I know I'll be over, then try to set up a par put with a Roc shot from the fairway. The big arms don't really get much of an advantage over us weenie-arms from the reds, but they get a big advantage from the blues.

Probaby my Force or freak OS Wraith, followed by a Roc then Ion... definitely wanna stay out of that water!

aj

Z XL off the tee to make sure I'm clear of the water. Approach with a comet. Finish with a magnet.

This is also one of my home courses. I always throw something overstable, because the winds just pull discs towards the lake. Usually I will throw a wraith towards the end of the fairway and a drone between those trees...usually an easy 3 with that combination.

It is really a great finishing hole for this 9-holer.

BTW, I've hit that birdhouse in the fairway by the lake before. Epic Shot. :doh: It's not nearly as far away from the tee as it looks in the picture. There is another birdhouse over off to the side of the fairway on # 2; I've hit that one as well (in league play with witnesses.) :wall:

Should have just picked up your disc and called that a birdie, hitting the bird house and all.

I dont have the arm for the long no matter what I throw, so I will go reliable and cheap from both tees. That of course means a DX Teebird. Would then follow up with whatever is appropriate to land me as close as I can for a putt on the 2nd shot.

I started out throwing this hole with a Pro Katana, but it got mad flippy on me. Lately I've been getting there with a star wraith on either no/slight headwind or tail wind...but now that I'm getting the hang of my star destroyer, I've been getting pretty good drives on this hole. This is typically a birdie for me 8/10 times, I've had several eagle chances but never cashed them out and a decent hole to end a round on.