• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hacked Wiki History of Disc Golf (long removed)

I haven't seen Greg's comedy, but I watched a vid of him doing some freestylin' with a mini and a lid. It was very entertaining. His blog is pretty cool too.

The early history of disc golf. Mr. Frisbee and Mr. Golf were at a hockey game. Tired of the idea of two teams going at it, they decided to make an individual sport that required precision and accuracy over a distance. The debate came to what instrument they would use. Mr. Golf was a fan of a stick and a walnut, (what would soon be the club and the golf ball) while Mr. Frisbee, who was a pie-manufacturer, thought the disc like structure would be more economical way of playing the sport. However, they found the stick and walnut attracted the rich white guys and guys named Brandon, while the pie-tins attracted the obese and stoned college students.

Uhhh...

I don't think the general public even knows enough about disc golf to stereotype it as a "stoner" sport.
I wish this was true, but the first time I went discing and told her about it, her first response was, "I thought you quit smoking weed."

I've had similar experiences with other people aswell

The original description said disc golf attracts "the obese and stoned college students". I'd believe the latter was true, but the former? I dunno... LOL

But, I have had a few friends admit to me recently that they are really trying to get better and found smoking out before playing isn't helping their game much.

That's funny, I know some people who refuse to smoke during a serious round, and I know others who love to because it relaxes them and makes it easier to focus. Seems to affect people very differently.

Latest posts