• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Half year in, How to keep active in winter???

Get those 15 foot putts on lock!

Attachments

• 1223151321a_HDR.jpg
    1223151321a_HDR.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35
I haven't missed a Sunday morning here in southern Wi in the last 2 years. Some of them have been below zero. I wear up to 4 layers and when it's really cold I use a hand warmer inside a "quarterback pouch" (I never wear gloves). I've never been cold.:)

Road Trip

Road trip to nice weather. The buddy's and I set two vacation weeks aside each year to find nice weather. This year after thanksgiving we spent a week in the Lubbock TX area. Weather was mild and played some groovy new courses. In mid January upcoming were thinking either Texas, Florida,or Arizona depending on the weather. Have done this consistently over the last 6 years and without doubt two of my favorite weeks of the year.

Sincerely Kansas

Note: dg course review is such a wonderful tool.

First of all I am laughing so hard at some of these comments!

Only if I am making a wooden Golf Cart!

Have we played? Thats a valid point though!

Getting old and having come from Scotland I am not a fan of the cold, this global warming is colder than I thought it would be! Maybe I could disc in gloves?

Still too much of a noob to do night tourneys! I can lose plastic in broad daylight!

40-60 I would guess (I am a centigrade man so Farenheight confuses me!)

Thanks for the encouragement, I took my lead from my DG mentor who gave up last month for the winter but I miss it!

Love it! I don't throw pink discs, does that count?

Extreme ironing

http://www.damncoolpictures.com/2007/05/extreme-ironing-competition.html

*** AN UPDATE ***

I went out this morning, primary to throw my 2014 Trilogy set (a steal at $17.99 from the DD website I might add!) and stuck to 4 discs, those three and a Dart putter that I took out at one hole I felt needed an approach disc.

I feel I should listen to you guys more, yes it was a wee bit chilly but after the first hole I really enjoyed it, added bonus was as the ground was frosty my feet didn't get wet.

Thanks for the advice and support also guys!

I had a wee laugh earlier today when I looked at my disc and there was a wee bit ice on it, muttered to myself "I am nuts" but continued on!

I played this morning. We just got our first significant snowfall of the season earlier this week, which was followed by some rain, so the course was hard-packed, icy snow. I ended up wearing crampons the whole time and played 2 rounds. :thmbup:

I don't usually take videos while playing, but the conditions were nice and I recorded a few today. Side note - I found that the small front pocket on a Fade Crunch bag works really well for holding a cell phone to record videos, which is cool.

Get out, and throw ... putters.

I've been throwing putter rounds in 10" of snow, and it's a blast.

One benefit of putters is they land flat and so are very hard to lose.

Another benefit is it will improve your short game immensely. Your drives will end up short(parka, snow boots, footing), so you get many chances to work on those tweener 100-150' shots, often from a standstill.

Another is that you are outside breathing the cleanest of air and exercising.

This Magnet ended up that way because it hit the basket: most end up flat on top of the snow.

IMG_1826.jpg