• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest Hole You've Ever Played.

Hole #8 - Redstone Arsenal - Huntsville, Alabama

I played there for the Alabama state disc championships and went to the right in to the pines off the tee and struggled for the rest of the 800'. I don't remember the score (I blocked it out) but it was more than a double par.

blue ribboin pines hole 4 cane make or brake your round. 443ft

i was just about to mention this. 400ft of dead straight. if you flex or fade your done for. OB on the left about 10-15ft off the fairway-tree line, thick roung about 10ft in on the right. hitting a 2 on this is a BIG DEAL! a 3 feels like a duece (ive only managed one true 3, others were pride rethrows, in about 6 rounds there).

I was also thinking hole #8 at Plymoth Creek in MN
courses

(pic doesnt do it justice). from long tee to long pin is 600ft slightly downhill and dog leg right through large trees. but...the entire left side of the fairway has a creek OB. the right side is thick schule and the fairway dips downhill jaunts a lil right uphill then back a lil left down and then opens into a clearing with a 90 degree bend right about 100' with the creek only 3-10ft left of basket (depends on rain amount). and the worst of it all....this is the only old crappy basket left on the course, its rusty and doesnt catch well.

Alex Clark hole 12. wide open under 200'. So difficult. You run at the ace and are sitting way long, you run at the two because you can't not get a 2 on this short hole, oops you are long again...

So funny you should mention this hole, I am the same way. It's like 150 ft, open, and I get a birdie less than half the times I have played it. :wall:

I got a 16 on the mile long train tunnel shot one time. Someone gave me a brand new glow cheetah to throw. It was ruined after bouncing along the tunnel walls.

...wonder what the record is on the tunnel hole...

i think a lot of people here are confusing "difficult" with "long"- "pachinko" is one of the most difficult holes i've played and it's only 140 feet or so...

Hole 7 at the decatur tn course. Its not hard, straight then right behind a huge building. Problem is its 730 feet and a true par 3. Best I can do is in 4 shots but I drove an easy 400 to get to the building on the first shot.

1e52f45c.jpg

#13 at Roane County. Love the course but HATE this hole. Technically there is a "fairway" straight ahead through the two skinny trees but it has to stay dead straight the whole way & the tee is further back than where the pic was taken. Plus there are limbs that hang down. The lake is about 40 feet down over the bank & all along the right side & long of the pin. The basket is probably 60-70 ft further than where you can see in the pic & there are more trees than openings. The green is slightly sloped & I've had putts hit metal & roll into the lake. I've seen 1 or 2 pars but that's it. Mostly 4 & higher

Hole 17 at kooky noosa challenge in Libby, MT 611 feet with a 200+ foot elevation drop and it plays down an old jeep road that is prolly 30foot alley dog legging to the left the whole way. If you dont end up in the fairway you are totally screwed because it is the thickest stuff ive ever been in the sticks. Ive scored a 3 once but everything was perfect typically average a 6 and have walked out scoring a 9 twice.

I've been trying to rack my brain for the "hardest" hole I've ever played... I know I've played some tough ones, some holes that have left double digits on the card... but I couldn't tell you specifics.

I will have to second hole 8 at Plymouth Creek though, this is my "nemesis" hole, it has given me double digits with multiple circles on the card. My goal is to someday 3 it, I've only 4'd it a couple of times, and I had an opportunity for 3 once, a deep roller up the right side followed by a thumber through the (leafless fall) trees to what I was sure was a parked second shot. But the one time in 5000 throws that Forest decides that he should bring my disc back...

That Bloomsburg course was actually designed by a DUI offender as his community service project. Crazy that with all those who dream of designing a course this guy gets the privelage. This hole is probably the greatest ice skip shot hole ever in wintertime. According to locals no one has ever cleared the pond.

Hole 11 at The Tailings in Iron River MI. Huge downhill with a narrow fairway and if you go in the rough, it's the roughest rough most of you have ever seen. Then , about 350' down, you come to a left dogleg and you've got another 250' to go for a total of 602' I was ecstatic with shooting a 4 here. It could easily be a 6 or worse.

Attachments

• hole #11.jpg
    hole #11.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 19
Hole #2 on The Bear at Highbridge (actually, I think it's #3 now, but haven't played it for a few years). Distance is listed as 435', pretty sure it varies more than that depending on the route you choose. No good pics, but here's the tee sign:
8feac11b.jpg

You can probably see that there are 3 distinct routes to the pin -- left, center, and right -- and each poses its own risks (the left I recall being the tightest route with a pinch point shortly off the tee, the right side was slightly uphill initially and played longest and somewhat safest). Every time I played that hole, no matter which fairway I chose I always wished I'd taken a different route. That 450'-500' through winding wooded corridors, with your group more than likely spread out over the 3 routes wondering about the fates of the others, is just as frustrating as a 700' uphill hole into a headwind.

#17 at Flyboy kicked my butt every time I played it. Others seem to like it and have less trouble. I couldn't seem to do better than a triple bogey.

Toughest Hole

#16 at Indian Hills DGC in Columbia, MO. The the mouth of the fairway is straight ahead of the tee - it's about 4ft across and opens very slightly as it takes a sluggish 200ft left turn. A 4 is a job well done on this one.

f8612932.jpg

Latest posts