• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Anyone Had a Dream About DG?

c_a_miller

Birdie Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Last night was the first time I had ever had a dream about Disc Golf.

I was walking through my local course and I was looking in this creek and there were probably around 50 discs in the water and I went and picked them all up. Then some guy came up to me and said that they were all his even though none had numbers on the back so I gave them all to him. It was weird.

Have you had any dreams like this? Or am I just that obsessed?

You know those dreams where you slip or fall and then wake up suddenly flailing about?

I dreamt I was at the tee, going for a drive. I flung my arm across for a RHBH drive in the dream, but in reality I had actually slapped my girl across the face while she was sleeping. She did not think it was as funny as I did.

Many times you dream about stuff you have on your mind during the day. So....if you think and play disc golf a lot it's not uncommon to dream about it. Did you lose a disc in a creek recently? Maybe your dream reflects the fear of losing your most precious plastic. :D Or you're just a freak with a plastic fetish. :p

... Then some guy came up to me and said that they were all his even though none had numbers on the back so I gave them all to him. It was weird.

Did the guy look like this?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-1.jpg

Last edited:
I had one a while back where I was playing golf with Megyn Kelly. We were bouncing our discs off of buildings.

I have a dream or two about find tons of discs and minis in a pond on a course that I dont recognize. Pretty cool dream because I don't find anything ever.

I have a dream or two about find tons of discs and minis in a pond on a course that I dont recognize. Pretty cool dream because I don't find anything ever.

Exactly the same thing for me!

You know those dreams where you slip or fall and then wake up suddenly flailing about?

I dreamt I was at the tee, going for a drive. I flung my arm across for a RHBH drive in the dream, but in reality I had actually slapped my girl across the face while she was sleeping. She did not think it was as funny as I did.

this made me laugh because ive done it too. the dream was about discus, she caught an elbow from my non-throwing arm. i also found it funny and she did not.

I have but I think they are mostly caused by the post a babe thread in the landfill area.

that awesome! when i was in highschool my dad had a dream about fighting his boss and punched my mom in the eye. it was pretty funny

ill periodically have the dream about finding tons of discs. ill be walking along a strange course and look and see a disc, then ill see another one. then ill walk over a hill and jackpot, many many CE and oop plastics litered about the hillside. then i wake up all sticky and sad because its not real :(

Last night was the first time I had ever had a dream about Disc Golf.

I was walking through my local course and I was looking in this creek and there were probably around 50 discs in the water and I went and picked them all up. Then some guy came up to me and said that they were all his even though none had numbers on the back so I gave them all to him. It was weird.

Have you had any dreams like this? Or am I just that obsessed?

Had that happen in real life except there were names on most of them and we gave them to a course employee to bring to the pro shop. It had just rained hard for like a week and all the discs in the river washed up into a cul de sac. As far as dreams go, I don't go a week without at least one disc golf related dream. It's completely imbedded in my psyche.

this made me laugh because ive done it too. the dream was about discus, she caught an elbow from my non-throwing arm. i also found it funny and she did not.

LOL I had to switch the side of the bed I sleep so my wife was out of the way of my throwing arm!

I have had a couple about finding loads of visible discs both on the land and in the water's edge. One involved alligators.

I had a dream a few months ago about getting an ace.... the course in the dream was unfamiliar, but I had my own discs with me and my buddy was with me. I said 'watch this one, lobster boy' (my buddy was sunburned in the dream.... much like real life) as I threw a hard hyzer into the basket. A few weeks later while on our local course and with said buddy.... I called a clean hyzer line through the trees and threw my disc right in the basked for an ace (forgot to call him lobster though)
I also have at least once or twice a week those wierd 'half dreams' where I wake up startled after flinging my right arm wildly in the air..... waking up wifie in the process.... and realizing that "damn... that felt like it would have been a great drive if I had stayed asleep long enough to see how it finished":D

i had dreams about my beaver state fling rounds for 3 nights in a row after the tourney, i played better in my dreams...

I had a dream a few months ago about getting an ace.... the course in the dream was unfamiliar, but I had my own discs with me and my buddy was with me. I said 'watch this one, lobster boy' (my buddy was sunburned in the dream.... much like real life) as I threw a hard hyzer into the basket. A few weeks later while on our local course and with said buddy.... I called a clean hyzer line through the trees and threw my disc right in the basked for an ace (forgot to call him lobster though)

What would have been crazy is if you had been playing at a new course and it was the one from your dream :p

i have a recurring one where I go to the pond at a local course (where I learned how to play and lost many discs) and the pond is totally dry. I walk around and pick up hundreds of discs, and every time, there is the same triangular disc with an olive green and a red triangle dyed on it. And ever since the first dream, I think, "wow, I've dreamt of this disc before - I guess it really does exist." Every time I am convinced that I am awake and this disc is certainly real this time.

I also had a dream in which I had a dream that I won the state championship. I woke up from the first dream, told my wife about said dream, she brushed it off and said, "that's nice" and then I woke up (again). Maybe I didn't wake up and I'm still dreaming. Maybe I did win States and it's still the night after and this is a dream.

I had a dream that I was playing the biggest tournament of my life and I decided to play in open in this dream and I had 35 birdies going into the last hole and on the last hole I park my drive and just need a tap in and I end up taking a 27 because I can't make the tap in and lose the whole tournament! Worst dream ever!!!

Latest posts