• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Anyone watched Shusteric's new driving clinic?

1lincolnpark

Hey, I have trying to retool my form on RHBH. The points of emphasis are taught by sindwinder22 (youtube seabas22), heavydisc, Beto, Bradley Walker ,and BlakeT. Such as shoulder pause, slowing down going into the hit, being loose, rail or hammer, and being in a athletic and stacked position.
At the 19:00 minute mark Will explains some points of emphasis such as the pull and what muscles to use that somewhat differ. He specifically talks about tightening the forearm and back muscles. Also does not talk about having a closed stance going into the hit or a wide follow through, but maintain hips and shoulder towards the target. Nor does he talk about slowing down prior to entering the hit. I have watch many of his slow-motion videos and he does have a wide follow through, planted pivot foot, and tendon bounce at the hit.
Give your opinion?

I want to thank all of those mentioned above for all their work helping the not so natural players progress!!!!!!!!!
Also, I have been reading a new awesome book by Tim Gallowey, "Inner game of golf." You will be hooked by the first two chapters.
Brad:D

Anybody want to discuss the benefits of rotational forces?

HOLY POOPSICLES!

qCdZ1fF.png

He's definitely got room for improvement. Disc is out there, and if he could clamp down for a hair longer I'd bet he'd get up in the mid 80s.

Anybody want to discuss the benefits of rotational forces?

HOLY POOPSICLES!

qCdZ1fF.png

He's definitely got room for improvement. Disc is out there, and if he could clamp down for a hair longer I'd bet he'd get up in the mid 80s.
I don't think you gain any speed holding on beyond 3-4 o'clock, maybe spin. He's running from the wrong direction at least in order to elongate the swing. Check out braced spine and the closed shoulder through impact on this guy:

I would love to see some physics read-outs on these new discs that keep popping up in various stages of "coming soon!" - on what the 3 to 5 spot does to a disc.

Interesting how his shoulders were more open as a kid. I suspect it has to do with getting bigger and wider shoulders. Could also be more anhyzer.

I feel like if I did a low reach back like Will advocates that I would throw hyzer every time. Thoughts?
It's called weight forward or throwing from the front leg. Most players struggle with that and throw off the back leg and a low reachback in that case will more than likely go noob hyzer.

Interesting how his shoulders were more open as a kid. I suspect it has to do with getting bigger and wider shoulders. Could also be more anhyzer.

My money is that as he filled out, he had the ability to use more of his linear plant momentum and little less of the rotational, which allows for a little more of a straight pull through while the shoulders are aligned.

He's definitely the gold standard for closed shoulder timing now.

Absurd that he was out driving me by 11.... but not for long, I'm calling out 11 year old Wiggins. I'm coming for you kid!!

That's pretty impressive.

We have a young girl in our area that's 15. She's can throw 400' or so. Only been playing a year and a half.

Seems like when a person comes from one of these "areas" where they actually have bombers it's easier to pick up? I had a friend that moved to CO and he said his local club has like 10 people that can throw 500.

Would a person who can throw 500 ft in higher elevation and then goes closer to sea level lose distance? Or a guy who can throw 500 at sea level be able to throw farther the higher elevation he goes?

Seems like when a person comes from one of these "areas" where they actually have bombers it's easier to pick up? I had a friend that moved to CO and he said his local club has like 10 people that can throw 500.
Humans/animals instinctively learn by mimicking. If you are surrounded by talent, odds are better you will pick things up. Or you can watch a lot of youtube.

Would a person who can throw 500 ft in higher elevation and then goes closer to sea level lose distance? Or a guy who can throw 500 at sea level be able to throw farther the higher elevation he goes?
Likely. There's a reason footballs and baseballs travel further at Denver stadiums. Less dense air. I'm pretty sure I could throw over a mile on the moon.

Some of these comments are funny. Not being a dick but you guys get way to focused on the exact body positions. He is athletic with every motion. How and where he opens things don't matter as long as it's moving forward with the disc.