• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Millennium abandoned the Sentinel?

That's true but at least EXP1's had a run a couple years back, didn't they?
The FINALLY did a Q run; they are labeled EXP-X because they hadn't been run in so long, Innova forgot what mold pieces they used. They did a limited run with the Eagle L wing thinking that was the EXP-1 wing...WRONG!

But you are correct, there was a recent (2017 or '18) run of EXP-(should be 1)X.

The FINALLY did a Q run; they are labeled EXP-X because they hadn't been run in so long, Innova forgot what mold pieces they used. They did a limited run with the Eagle L wing thinking that was the EXP-1 wing...WRONG!

But you are correct, there was a recent (2017 or '18) run of EXP-(should be 1)X.
So the new run labeled EXP-X has a different wing than the originals? What was the original wing piece on the EXP1? Interesting.

So the new run labeled EXP-X has a different wing than the originals? What was the original wing piece on the EXP1? Interesting.
No, see...I don't know, man.

For a long time the EXP-1 was said to be the Banshee top and Eagle X wing. Which...the EXP-1 came out in '98 and the Eagle came out in '99 so...

Anyway, when somebody ordered a specialty run of EXP-1's a few years back, Innova had forgotten how to make EXP-1's and they ran Q EXP-1's with the Eagle L wing. All the EXP-1 guys were like "Whoa, theses have the wrong wing" and Innova was like "No, that's the wing".

Welp, the Eagle L wing showed up in 2001-ish when the CE Eagles with the X Wing were turning out super-beefy. So how was it on EXP-1's in '98? It wasn't.

So my take? Millennium went to order a production run of Q EXP-1's and Innova was insisting EXP-1's had a wing that they didn't have. Millennium didn't want the weirdo L wing discs, so they had to pretend they were doing something new to get what they actually made in the first place. The Q EXP-1's are labeled Q EXP-X's and everybody plays along like they are somehow a different wing than the M EXP-1's. Innova never has to admit that that screwed up the earlier specialty run, and Millennium gets to pretend they have a "new improved" EXP.

So my take? Millennium went to order a production run of Q EXP-1's and Innova was insisting EXP-1's had a wing that they didn't have. Millennium didn't want the weirdo L wing discs, so they had to pretend they were doing something new to get what they actually made in the first place. The Q EXP-1's are labeled Q EXP-X's and everybody plays along like they are somehow a different wing than the M EXP-1's. Innova never has to admit that that screwed up the earlier specialty run, and Millennium gets to pretend they have a "new improved" EXP.
Interesting! Of course marketing plays a hand in it..
You are an encyclopedia ThreePutt. A DGCR legend! Lol

They now have the Solstice (DT, Q, & Lunar Q runs so far) and before that the Taurus (Q and Luster Q runs only) in the OS Mid slot. I'm guessing they were attempts at replacing the Sentinel.

I think this lack of Sentinel runs may be due to Innova not wanting to run those old mold configurations with 'nose spacers'/shims. Probably caused some of the variability in how they molded up (along with newer plastic blends). The Stingray & Cobra molds haven't gotten much love either so maybe they are trying to replace/extend the life out for those mold pieces by only running them occasionally.

Gotta factor in that large diameter OS mids haven't been big sellers & popular for most any brand. Pro tour players aren't relying on mid ranges as much in general for the courses they play and in media coverage.
the just released metal flake sting rays on discgolfunited......there is hope!

I threw the new x out release today. Nice straight and low flight with power and a decent fade at the end. 180g orange. I'm happy. It's back in the bag and I bought 2 back ups. Thank you millennium.

I threw the new x out release today. Nice straight and low flight with power and a decent fade at the end. 180g orange. I'm happy. It's back in the bag and I bought 2 back ups. Thank you millennium.
Nice! I'm planning on picking up a few to try. I'm sure they are pretty domey, being an old Sirius run.. I used to be a guy that tries to avoid big dome on my Rocs and Sentinels, but recently I've been throwing a Roc with decent dome and it's great and gliiddeess.. makes me curious to try some domier Sentinels that I previously shrugged off.

Nice! I'm planning on picking up a few to try. I'm sure they are pretty domey, being an old Sirius run.. I used to be a guy that tries to avoid big dome on my Rocs and Sentinels, but recently I've been throwing a Roc with decent dome and it's great and gliiddeess.. makes me curious to try some domier Sentinels that I previously shrugged off.
More dome more glide
More age less snap

Bring forth the dome

I compared to my San Marino and it's decent. A hair higher

More dome more glide
More age less snap

Bring forth the dome

I compared to my San Marino and it's decent. A hair higher
Yes sir! Even San Marino's vary in dome height quite a bit. Yellow ones are the flattest, but I have others that have more dome.