• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Heard the buzz now rocs.

rxflores

Bogey Member
Hey everyone. I no there's soo many roc vs buzzz threads!
But this isn't one of those. I'm making the switch to rocs. I feel it's time for something new. Don't get me wrong. The buzz did me good but it also did me some other **** lol. But I want to hear from you roc lovers some of your main molds. Wich runs? I hear so much from the 11x kc pro but I want to hear your opionions.
I love the feel of dx but beats in to fast. But I'm looking for kinda the same feel but more grippy and stiff and stable but more stable then buzzz but not to much.
Are rocs Consitence in runs?
Thanks in advance

The disc is not gonna fix your game. If anything, it will make it worse for a while till you are used to the new disc.

I understand that. But I'm tired of my buzzz and if I'm gonna make the switch I'm gonna make it to the roc. And I do good with new disc well not super fast ones but you get my point. I live fairly clost to a field and my local corse so I'll get use to a new disc pretty quick.

buy a warship in vip (more stable) and tournament(less stable). Flies like a roc with more glide.

You'd be making a change of molds and styles of throwing. The buzzz is more of a low line drive disc, the roc requires a little bit more height to work but glides a little better, although it's slower overall than the buzzz.

For me, I use 2 dx ranchos and 2 kc pros (one normal and one glow). Weights in the 175-180 range. With these 4 I can cover pretty much anything I need in a round.

As for advice on using different molds, just stick with the ranchos. Easier to find, better plastic selections (dx, kc pro, and now star) You could grab a dx ontario to use for understable duties till you get a dx rancho beat in.

Buzz is more stable than a roc.

Would you care to explain why you believe that? The buzzz is certainly faster, but I don't believe it is any more or less stable than a roc.

Buzz is more stable than a roc.

people get confused when you say a disc is more stable. most people think when you say more stable you mean more overstable. In this case I think you mean the buzzz is more nuetral (more understable than a roc)?

If your looking for molds, you honestly can not go wrong with a Dx Rancho Roc. They are inexpensive, easily found and replaceable. I could go on all day about the 11x KCP's and the USDGC one's, but let's just make it easy and stick with the Dx Roc.

You'd be making a change of molds and styles of throwing. The buzzz is more of a low line drive disc, the roc requires a little bit more height to work but glides a little better, although it's slower overall than the buzzz.

For me, I use 2 dx ranchos and 2 kc pros (one normal and one glow). Weights in the 175-180 range. With these 4 I can cover pretty much anything I need in a round.

As for advice on using different molds, just stick with the ranchos. Easier to find, better plastic selections (dx, kc pro, and now star) You could grab a dx ontario to use for understable duties till you get a dx rancho beat in.

Would you care to explain why you believe that? The buzzz is certainly faster, but I don't believe it is any more or less stable than a roc.

^^that should be the end of the thread right now, but I would share my experience with the molds.

For the record, I have both a roc and a buzzz in my bag and I couldn't care less if people thing they overlap because I like throwing both. Anyway, buzzz is a faster disc for me. I will throw it on lower lines and it can go a long way in those situations. Also, it will hold a nice long turnover for me a little better than my star San Marino max weight Roc. The Roc is indeed a little more stable and I use it for nice long hyzer line, especially if it's a little windy outside. I also use it for small flex shot.
Oh, and for the glide, my medium beat in Buzzz as amazing glide (it surprises me actually) on low lines with a super long low speed forward fade while my Roc will fade a little more at the end of it's flight. Off course, I could purchase some DX Roc and beat them in a little if I wanted them to go straighter.

Just to reiterate, the Buzzz excels on low lines while the Roc is a great all around stable mid range. I would need to verify that, but my feeling is that I can throw my buzzz further than my Roc, not sure though.

Yeah, that.

DX don't really beat in super fast in many people's experiences. They may lose their initial stability quicker but stay in their sweet spot a long time. You also never hear someone complaining about having too many beat Rocs. Having backups never hurts.

There are minor differences in runs, but they can be adjusted for in your throw with just a bit of line shaping skills. IMO it's not worth seeking out specific runs, especially if they cost more money.

I love the feel of dx but beats in to fast.
Thanks in advance

I think you will be surprised at how long it takes a dx roc to beat in. I've been throwing one of my max weight dx rocs for about 2 years and it still has a good bit of stability. Not as much as a new dx roc, but it still won't turn over when thrown flat. It still has a good amount of fade left at the end of the flight. Another one that I have has taken about 3 years to get to the point of turning over when throw flat.

Bottom line. Unless you're playing a super wooded course about 3-5 times a week, a dx roc while last you a while. But, like someone else mentioned, they're cheap and easy to find. I'd go with dx.

Also, I really like the bottom stamped rocs and the dx glow rocs, max weight. They seem to be a little softer plastic. But I think it's more mental than anything else. I'm sure I would love the bird stamped rocs if I had started throwing those.

Last edited:
Yeah, that.

DX don't really beat in super fast in many people's experiences. They may lose their initial stability quicker but stay in their sweet spot a long time. You also never hear someone complaining about having too many beat Rocs. Having backups never hurts.

Yeah, that and this too. :)

FWIW, I have had the same red DX bottom stamped roc in my bag for at least 5 years now. I love it for straight and anhyzer shots in the woods where I need more distance than my putters.

I also have a newer DX glow roc in the bag. It is my overstable mid that goes farther than the other roc, typically used on wooded holes as well.

people get confused when you say a disc is more stable. most people think when you say more stable you mean more overstable. In this case I think you mean the buzzz is more nuetral (more understable than a roc)?

Yup it is definitely more nuetral.

@OP I would get a Roc.I've used them for years.

I also carry a Buzzz in my bag as well.The Roc Flies further for me so when I need just a bit more distance, I'll reach for my Roc.When I need that low ceiling shot I'll reach for my Buzzz.

I would agree out of the box buzz is straighter, a roc starts off fairly overstable for a mid. But you can beat a roc into being straight, you cant throw a buzz into being overstable.

Its more about how comfortable you are with the number of molds you carry. If you wanna carry a drone/wasp/buzz/buzz ss/ meteor/ comet setup then cool. Or you could throw a banshee and 2-3 rocs?

DX don't really beat in super fast in many people's experiences. They may lose their initial stability quicker but stay in their sweet spot a long time.

As a fairly recent Roc convert, I've found this to be especially true. My DX rocs have lost their initial overstability after only a few hits, but it takes FOREVER for them to turn flippy. As a result, for true overstable duties I'm using one of the new star ranchos (which is incredibly OS for a Roc) and a flat top KC Glow that I love.

bro, before you get sold on rocks give MVP plastic a try

i recommend the Vector and Axis.. try both.

just sayin, because i used to ONLY throw rocs for almost every shot within 250

Latest posts