• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from al.

freestateflyer

Bogey Member
My name is Terry, I'm new to this forum but not this great game, sport or hobby of disc golf, frisbee golf, frolf or whatever you want to call it. I'm 52 and started frisbee golf as a hobby at the age of thirteen, throwing at trees, fence post, the side of the barn, what ever looked good to throw at with Wham-o 165s. I discovered my first real course with baskets and Midnight Flyers at Brahan Spring park in Huntsville, frisbee golf became a game. A few years later I got my first Areo, Aviar combo and found veterans park in Florence and the old culvert course at UAH in Huntsville and the game became disc golf. In the mid 80s I discovered the PDGA and tournaments and disc golf became a sport, most of my free time was spent on the course until 95, when I moved an hour and half from the closest course and became a little burned out and quit. Two years ago I found there's a course 20 min. from my house, North Jasper and am enjoying the game more than ever. It's been and adventure replacing my old disc, they didn't last to long after 17 years in the shed, but on the up side I have introduced several new players to the game with the disc that didn't make the cut. Man, there's a lot of new disc and courses now, it's good to be back!

Welcome back. I was surprised by abundance of new courses and new disc when I ventured back into the game in 09.

When I read the title of the thread I thought your name was Al. :p

Welcome back to the game! :thmbup:

Thanks Terry for supporting the PDGA, Disc manufacturers and tournaments back in the 80's and 90's. The sport has changed my life and I'm grateful to everyone who has helped build it up, especially those who were playing this way back when there wasn't a lot of courses or discs.

"Hello from Al. My name's Terry." LOL!

Welcome back, brother!

Awesome for you to get back into it! Thanks for getting back, promoting the sport back in the day, and introducing new players w you old stuff!

DG has completely consumed my sporting life in the last year and a half. Good luck brotha!

Latest posts