• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from Dunedin, NZ

veebers

Hi all,

I've been reading a lot of posts in the forum lately and thought I should register and introduce myself.

I live in Dunedin, NZ where we recently got our first basketed course a month or two ago. I've only really known about discgolf when that course opened :)

I'm very slowly getting better but I'm _loving_ the sport. I try get my friends to play a couple of rounds with me as often as possible.

I would be keen to hear if there are any other Kiwis around that can suggest courses around the country to try out.

I'll no doubt be posting silly questions in the near future as I work on improving my form and game. So watch this space ^_^.

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see folks from other parts of the world joining in the fun. There's a ton of good information here, so definitely look around. I've learned a lot here and have definitely improved my game over the years.

Good to hear Dunedin got a course! My girlfriend's sister married a Kiwi and his whole family came up from Dunedin last fall to celebrate. We were tossing a frisbee around and I tried telling them about disc golf but they had no idea what I was talking about. Whereabouts is the new park? I'll be sure to tell them about it!

This gives me yet another reason to visit New Zealand! I've never been, but I've met some great people and hear it's a paradise. Welcome to the disc golf addiction and to DGCR.

Welcome aboard! You will find that 99% of the folks here are helpful and sincere, and the other 1% is easily avoided.

Welcome to the addiction, from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA!
I use the Courses > Browse Map feature here quite a bit to research new courses to try out. Looks to me like there are a couple of nice ones up in Queenstown, and, oddly, more courses on the north island than down where you are. But NZ is loaded with beautiful scenery, and I'd love to someday travel there. Would definitely bring some discs!! :thmbup:

Welcome from Upper Michigan!
I'll no doubt be posting silly questions in the near future as I work on improving my form and game. So watch this space ^_^.
There are no silly questions, only silly answers...you will have no problem finding silly answers here.:doh:

Thanks all for the warm welcoming :) Looking forward to learning a lot.

Good to hear Dunedin got a course! My girlfriend's sister married a Kiwi and his whole family came up from Dunedin last fall to celebrate. We were tossing a frisbee around and I tried telling them about disc golf but they had no idea what I was talking about. Whereabouts is the new park? I'll be sure to tell them about it!

The course is at Chingford Park which is down NEV (North East Valley).

Welcome! Look out for that Sauron guy. I hear he's a real knobhead.

Hah, will do! Thanks for the concern.

Last edited: