• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello, New here and to Disc Golf

TimD

So I have always wanted to try Disc Golf for a long timeand was on vacation with my family 2 weeks ago at the Mohonk Mountain house who had a course, so I figured I would give it a try. You go to the front desk and the women pulls out a big box of discs and you pay $10 a disc. I had no idea what I was doing, I was with 3 other people and we decided to pick out 3 discs (which we picked based on color) we grabbed a Innova Cobra, Innova Roc3, and a Innova VRoc. Had a great time and have since also gone to play at campgaw and Harry Dunham Park. Harry Dunham was my favorite so far because it was all pretty wide open as opposed to the other two which were right smack in the woods. My wife and 2 year old daughter also love coming along and playing too. My 2 year old likes to just walk up to the basket and put her disc in. Anyway, I am really excited about the sport and looking for all and any pointers and suggestions. Also excited to go visit my folks who live in Lancaster PA as I see there are a few courses there.

Cheers,
Tim

Hiiiiii!

Post away with any questions etc. Lots of helpful technique/form/disc threads.

Happy throwing!

Good choices for your first discs! Lancaster has some good courses. Muddy run is tough but a great course. There is a disc store up there called CTP that is pretty good, large selection, and a cool indoor tiki course!

If I can offer one piece of advice, you should get a putter. I would strongly recommend hitting up the disc store and feeling up several, then pick one and get two or three of them for practice. After that forget about getting other discs and just have some fun!

I

Thanks man I appreciate it, really enjoying this what I can only call "new obsession " even though so far I am pretty bad at it.