• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello

...so I'll hang on to the Gateway $$$. Maybe one day I'll know how to use it!
:thmbup:

I struggle when introducing new friends to the game. I feel like if I throw too much at them the first couple rounds they wont enjoy themselves. So, usually I give them a quick grip lesson and tell them to throw flat and level. Then after a few rounds when they seem to be getting into it I will throw them some more tips. best advice really for a beginner is to give them a midrange and let them have at it.

Welcome to the most underrated addictive sport out there. It seems like you have a great core of discs to learn from. One thing I would tell you, and one thing that you sort of said. Is for you to play a round or two with your Buzz. You'd be surprised how far you can throw it for distance. Playing one round with one disc helps you to quickly learn that disc and throwing one disc(like the buzz) for one round helps your technique. I will go out and play a round with all of my discs and then a round with one disc(almost always a mid range) It's surprising how not far off your score you are and you can feel and see your technique approve.

Welcome to the most underrated addictive sport out there. It seems like you have a great core of discs to learn from. One thing I would tell you, and one thing that you sort of said. Is for you to play a round or two with your Buzz. You'd be surprised how far you can throw it for distance. Playing one round with one disc helps you to quickly learn that disc and throwing one disc(like the buzz) for one round helps your technique. I will go out and play a round with all of my discs and then a round with one disc(almost always a mid range) It's surprising how not far off your score you are and you can feel and see your technique approve.

I used to play an entire round of golf with just my 5 iron and a putter to the same effect.

It kept me focused on the fundamentals of the game. Right now I need to focus on the mechanics and fundamentals. Playing a round with just the buzzz will help do that.

I used to play an entire round of golf with just my 5 iron and a putter to the same effect.

It kept me focused on the fundamentals of the game. Right now I need to focus on the mechanics and fundamentals. Playing a round with just the buzzz will help do that.
If you are able to do this, and avoid buying more discs because people say you ought to try this, or that, or these are the best disc I've ever thrown...

1) you show more patience and discipline than most!
2) you'll be ahead of the game in the long run.

Enjoy and good luck!