• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me pick out a disc for my wife

adamb258

Birdie Member
Little background. She currently throws her Z wasp FH the most and typically throws 125-150 flat and straight for an average throw. She is gone this weekend on a job interview and I wanted to order her a disc for when she gets back. I was considering just ordering her another wasp since she likes hers so much but figured I would take some other suggestions as well. Anything with a lot of glide and minimal fade maybe?

I appreciate the help

Adam

I'm not familiar with Wasps, but from what you describe I'd maybe suggest a Stingray or Coyote.

Get her a 160g or less Star Valk.

My wife tosses the 150g Star Valk and loves it.

The mako is just that. Lots of glide with no fade

Dont try to FH either of those. haha

If the wasp works well for her at that distance, she could probably use a little more time with it and get some more. How about a putter?

Fiance loves her Voodoo.

hmm I have a 150 champion valk that she used to toss but it seemed to fade/crash harder than her wasp so she stopped throwing it.

I just picked up a voodoo in a trade and she hasn't had a chance to throw it yet, she uses a wizard once shes within 75-100 of the basket right now. She doesn't take it as serious as me, she just likes to come out and spend time with me playing, so she likes her discs "pretty" (dyed, multi color etc) too =)

The upside it, worst case scenario, I buy something she doesn't like so it finds its way into my bag =)

I like the Discraft Impact FH. It's rated a 0 like a Comet but is much more forgiving. It's faster than a Wasp too, so it might help add a few feet to her throws.

millennium is my girls first choise, she has a LS Polaris in 149, a orion lf and a orion ls,
the polaris has some fade at the end mostly straight
the orion ls is the same with some more fade
the oirion lf fades hard,

I know you asked for less fade and all, but this is what my girl dives with, she also used a wraith, but not that often!

good luck
hope she likes the new plastic!

If she wants a faster forehand disc, maybe a light eagle, cyclone or gazelle. If she wants to work on her forehand, try a more understable mid like a stingray or comet.

Maybe a leopard, roadrunner, or a kite. Kites have a lot of glide. You should get her all 3 of them! :D

Get her a pink...well, anything pink I guess. I would go with a fairway driver such as an eagle (continue FH work) or a teebird (start BH work).

Is her preference premium plastics or base?

I'd suggest the 150 class Champ Eagle or a light weight Stalker for more distance forehand and the 150 class Impact, Comet, Stingray, or Cobra if she wants to begin throwing backhand.