• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help Me With My Putts

i "pop off on others" when they claim their opinion is fact...just squash it..what's the point you are trying to make, i don't get it...i don't throw midranges goes against what fact?...that doesn't make any sense to me..

i'll clarify and squash... clarify,

You vast knowledge of disc golf has been formed from 15 years of solid play and observation of other players in that time. This is fact. You say you don't use mids. This is fact. In the last 15 years how many good players have you observed that do not use mids. This is my point.

My other point. Rec players are people too. Take it easy, so what if someone doesn't know what they are talking about. You don't have to be a jerk and call people names.

Back to putting. Speaking of the hard vs. soft putter debate... Does anyone have an "opinion" about the new R-Pro Aviar coming out?

I have one and its great! Its nice a soft like a wizard (so I have felt from others) and its basically a straight shooter! Sticks to the chains quite well

Weights?

I started with a 150 oz. Aviar that was part of my starter set. I currently am using 165 oz. Aviars but 170-175 oz. drivers. Should your putters be the same weight as your drivers or a little lighter/heavier? Just wondering what the thoughts are on this one.

I started with a 150 oz. Aviar that was part of my starter set. I currently am using 165 oz. Aviars but 170-175 oz. drivers. Should your putters be the same weight as your drivers or a little lighter/heavier? Just wondering what the thoughts are on this one.
Those are some heavy discs! ;)

For putters, I like a stable, beaded putter (Wizard, Challenger, BB Aviar) at 165-168g for putting, 170-172g for approaches and 175g for driving. The lighter weights give you more carry for slower shots but if you go too light then the carry can get difficult to control. That's why the approach is heavier, but not max weight. IMO, there isn't much of a reason to not have a max weight putter for driving. They seem to perform better and it isn't difficult to get a putter up to speed.

As for driver weight, it really depends on how far you're throwing and what mold you're using.

There's no weight relation between putters and other class discs. I prefer max weight putters because I want them to drop rather than glide. Being heavier makes them more overstable than their lighter counterparts. That's not a bad thing. Just something to keep in mind.

I actually use a 168 for Approaches and a 170-172 for putting. Both Soft Magnets of course.

Latest posts