• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help my girlfriend... :-)

luma

Hello everyone :)
Here's the thing: my girlfriend also plays discgolf and I usually kinda "teach" her. At the moment though, I can't find her form flaw. I mean I know what she's doing, but I can't find out how she can improve her form and not turn and throw out of her body so much.
Anyway, I was hoping that anyone here could give me some good advice on what she can improve.
Thanks! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtomcRiJ2XI&feature=youtu.be

Ps: I know she drops down during her throw, but at the moment she throws right all the time, so that's the bigger issue… :)
Ps2: she throws about 270-300, so I always thought she must be losing power somewhere...but I have gotten so used to her throwing form that I probably can't see it anymore

Not too shabby. Watch how she turns her front foot slightly open before planting. That causes her to jump back off in the finish instead of finishing balanced forward on the plant leg. Watch how Will turns his foot closed before planting and crushes the can from behind and ends up more forward because he can maintain dynamic balance.

Yeah really good balance and bracing, that will only improve. I also noticed turning the front foot open (which leaks power), before planting. She needs to land with her toes to heel, and have it 90 degrees to the target.

She may not be throwing to the right, as much as not being aligned closed stance enough relative to the aim position...plus planting with a more closed front foot may improve this too.

There also may be a slight nose up to the throws which can rob distance on drivers...check out grip alignment as well and make sure you can't see the flight plate of the disc at all when it's in the air from a flat release. Get that nose down for longer flights.

allright thanks guys :) We already did some practice today on that right foot issue and on her arm swing plane. Certainly worked better when she got it together.