• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help retrieving disc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
RC car with something flat zip-tied to the bottom/front like a snowplow shovel. Drive it out to the disc and push the disc back. Super off the wall but if someone you know has one it may work.

Edit: Just saw you're away on a trip so likely don't have access to anything weird like this.

Dude, you are a genius. Never thought of that. Plus, I kinda want an RC car anyway! Haha

Haha... Man, I worry about losing my ce firebird everytime I throw it so I can see why OP is desperate to get it back...

Throw your putter at it and knock it to the other side...then throw your mid at the putter to knock it to the other side... Then throw the firebird at the mid to knock it to the other side... Rinse and repeat ad infinitum. :|

Kidding of course... Kayak sounds like the best plan if ice is thin enough... An icebreaker kayak... Neat.

How about a drone with gum stuck to the underside? Land it on the disc and fly it back home to you.

Thanks for all the replies! You guys are awesome, one of many reasons I dig DGCR.
I may try the rod idea today.

Me and my coworkers are away from home building grain bins in Davenport, IA. So, I dont know anybody who has a kayak here. That idea might not be plausible for me.

This makes more sense now.
I was wondering how someone in Wisconsin didn't own a fishing rod.

Whatever you do, video footage is mandatory. Your good or ill fortune is meaningless if we can't witness it.

I think the RC car idea would work. Just make sure you buy one with enough antennae reach(cheap cars don't have a big range). You could buy a cheap dustpan and attach it at the front to scoop or push the disc. The problem is, if you leave it out there too long, eventually it might melt its way through. The sun hitting the top of the disc can heat the air underneath and cause it to melt the ice. At the very least your disc might be frozen into the top few layers of the ice.

The sun hitting the top of the disc can heat the air underneath and cause it to melt the ice. At the very least your disc might be frozen into the top few layers of the ice.
This sounds like the voice of experience...

Yup, lol. You have played Lincoln Ridge right? Hole 22 downhill ace run with a little pond on the left. There has been many a disc melt thru into that pond. Usually it happens there when the ice is really thin, so i'm not sure how deep a disc could actually melt thru.

Funny story about that hole. A couple years ago, one of my friends threw a red star tbird onto the ice. It had rained the night before so there was a couple inches of water on the ice. The next week we were all there for a tourney and it had frozen over. The disc looked like the center spot on a hockey rink, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see how discs find that pond. So you guys use the Teebirds to face off?

It would take an awfully thick piece of ice for me to even consider walk this fatness out onto, lol...

OP you need one of those Amazon drones.:p;):D

It would take an awfully thick piece of ice for me to even consider walk this fatness out onto, lol...

OP you need one of those Amazon drones.:p;):D

Alert: thread drift approaching...however...

Brutus, where did you find that shirt in your profile pic? I just noticed it and nearly wet myself laughing.

Currently above freezing in Davenport... hope it doesn't fall through! That CE Firebird needs rescuing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts