• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help With an Interview from Local Newspaper

puck'n'disc5

Par Member
Long story short..

Disc golf is picking up more and more steam in my local area (Alton, IL). We have 4 courses within a 10 minute or less drive from one another. There is a C Tier at Rock Spring Park in Alton this Saturday and I took it upon myself to contact one of the small local newspapers that circulates through our area to let them know about the tournament. My thought was, maybe they will just come out to the tournament Saturday, snap a couple pictures, interview a couple players, maybe publish the scores and talk a little bit about the clubs.

Flash foward a couple weeks to this past Thursday and I get a phone call from one of the writers and he wants to interview me for a feature article about the history of disc golf, the local disc golf scene, and about the tournament. The interview just finished a few minutes ago. He also asked me a lot of questions like why should someone who has never played disc golf play or spectate, what are the biggest benefits from playing disc golf, how would you explain disc golf to someone who has never played it before. In other words, he caught me completely off guard and I answered him the best I could.

I know the people are great and it's fun meeting new people and learning new things and it's cheap. But I'm having problems brainstorming other ideas. I played in an A Tier this weekend and had literally 0 time to prepare for this interview.

It is kind of funny that this went from me hoping that they just mention something about the tournament, to them interviewing me to write a feature article about the sport and the local scene. It's been a real whirlwind lately.

Last edited: