• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Helping to promote the sport

stevep

Birdie Member
I write for Examiner.com for the Minneapolis area. To promote the sport I did some research and wrote an article about the exercise benefits of disc golf. I put a link back to this site in the article, for people to find courses near them. Check out the article and see what you think. If you have any ideas of other ways I can help promote the sport with this outlet, give me suggestions.

Is disc golf good exercise

Article looks fine to inform the general population about the sport.
Maybe mention that is has a governing body (PDGA.)

Well done, stevep.
You might want to mention that it is a good way to get families outside and together. I see alot of families at my home course. Sure, they are just throwing frisbees, but they all seem to enjoy it!

I met a 64 year old Viet Nam War vet a week ago. His doctor put him on a 10,000 step a day regimine. So he goes out to the park and starts walking. He says he sees all these guys playing discgolf, so he combines the two. We played 18 together, as he's now been playing for about 2 1/2 months, and he says he's hooked. 18 holes for him registered about 8,500 steps on his pedometer. (Pedometer? That's a strange word)

A great way to get the word out. I'm a college student who just started playing but got hooked (I hit a course when ever I have down time pretty much), and I'm so hooked I'm starting a club on campus to get the word out, as well as having it a means to get other students to courses who might not have a way other wise.