• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hey timg!

The trip was a lot of fun. It's kind of good only two of us ended up going since playing the courses took longer than I thought. We only got rained out on one course and other than that the weather was great (a bit too hot) and the courses were a lot of fun.

I think I have to do this again :)

Here are all the courses I played on the trip (not necessarily in this order):

Brandywine (Wilmington, DE)
Scarboro Hills (Street, MD)
Denison Park (Corning, NY)
Palmer Woods (Ithaca, NY)
Codorus Creek State Park (Hanover, PA)
Jordan Creek (Whitehall, PA)
Lime Bluff Recreation Area (Hughesville, PA)
Little Lehigh Parkway (Allentown, PA)
Roland Park (Akron, PA)
Tinicum Park (Erwinna, PA)

We started in Ithaca and made a huge loop going to Corning and then Lime Bluff, Codorus, etc. We wanted to stop at D. F. Buchmiller in Lancaster, PA but it was too dark to play by the time we got there. We also got rained out at Brandywine after a few holes which was unfortunate.

I have a ton of pictures to post as I took pics from just about every tee. Overall it was a great trip and a lot of fun. I'm thinking I might hit Western PA on a weekend trip this summer.

I'd figure Ithaca would have more courses, although there isn't much flat land around there. I'll have to check out the one at Cornell next time I go there for a conference.

GO BOMBERS!

The Palmer Woods course is completely unmarked. The baskets don't even have numbers so you'll definitely need a map. Same deal with TC3 for the most part, definitely find a map before going.

Local Valley Must Plays

For anyone making a trip to this side of PA, here's a list of courses you must plan to visit:

Lehigh Parkway (Allentown)
Jordan Creek (Whitehall)
Nockamixon State (Quakertown, 14 holes)
Tinicum Park (Erwinna, 40 minute drive)
Tyler State Park (Newtown, 45 min. from Tinicum)
Brandywine Creek (Wilmington, DE, play if you're down around Philly)
Hackett's Park (Easton, will be finishing improvements by end of '07)

Here are places if you get time, they're not a bad play:
South Mountain (Bethlehem)
Hickory Run and F.E.W. Dam (both off I-80 in the Poconos)
Prompton (also up by way of Poconos)
Upper Mac park (Folgelsville, 9 holes)
Levans Rec Park (Orefield, 9 holes)

Avoid playing these courses, as they're a joke:
Covered Bridges (Orefield)
DeSales Univ. (Center Valley)
Good luck no matter where you go! -Andrew from the Valley

Directions

Oh, and I forgot to add, if anyone needs good directions (forget the PDGA directions, they are too localized), just reply, and I'll be happy to send them out to you. -Andrew from the Valley

Speaking of Brandywine, has anybody ever gotten a birdie 3 on the 4th hole, the one that goes down and across that little creek? Not to brag, but I've done it twice, and I'm not that damn good!

Thanks for the info Andrew. I've actually had a chance to play a lot of those courses although I tend not to go to the 9-holers when I'm playing out of town.

Also, good job on #4 at Brandywine! We managed to play the first 5 and then the rain just opened up on us. One thing I learned after those few holes is bring a spotter or make sure to land it in the fairway because that rough is THICK.