• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hi-Tec Figaro

Step brother bought a pair a few months ago. We played in a tournament that came down a mountain and it was quiet wet. Actually ruined the shoes. The inside liner came apart. He loved the shoes though. Just dont take them down the mountain I guess.

Damn, sad to hear about that. I've been playing some relatively hilly courses and just did a two round tourney in the rain, and they held up great. They resist water surprisingly well too, I get surprised by how rarely I feel my feet get wet in these.

I just got a pair of Merrell All Out Blaze Stretch Waterproof (Mouthful lol) in the mail. Whenever I start wearing out some of my current shoes, I'll try those out and do some videos on them. Really hoping they hold up.

Ordered a pair of these last night, pretty excited to test them out. My nike trail runners are just about shot so I'm pretty excited that these were so affordable. I'll write up a quick review once I get them.

Wow, talk about slow shipping. I thought I would have my Figaros today. I checked again, and estimated delivery is NEXT thursday. Sheesh..

hi-tec is a good brand. worth more then they are priced. several of my more casual DG buddies wear them after i told them to go buy them. i wanted to know their durability (sadly they are too narrow for me). but for everyone i know that wears them they are very durable and supportive.

I got mine 100% soaked through at Renny the other day and they're still doing good.

Thats a good sign for you. My step brother is going to buy another pair and see if they hold up a little better. He was pretty hard on the ones he just ruined.

Mine were just delivered. Most comfortable out of the box shoe I've ever had for disc golf. The insole feels like a tempurpedic mattress. My only concern is big toe room. I probably should have gotten a 10 instead of 9.5. First round with these, and the pass around Lucky, to come this evening.

Looking to forward to another review of the Figaros. I started out supper happy with some Merrel Chameleon 4s but now the rubber near the toe is wearing prematurely so may try these next.

Off topic but happy to see the Lucky made it to you! Curious to hear if your experience matched mine.

I've had a pair of the Figaro low-tops for about four months, but I rarely wear them for DG (Merrells instead). I have to say, there must be different grades of Vibram soles because the Figaros are wearing a bit faster than any other Vibram-sole shoe I've had.

I am definitely one that doesn't like to spend an arm and a leg on shoes. the hi tec figaro are the answer to that problem. I have been wearing mine for the past few weeks. they are light, comfy and hella durable. I will definitely be getting another pair down the line. I love these shoes.

I am definitely one that doesn't like to spend an arm and a leg on shoes. the hi tec figaro are the answer to that problem. I have been wearing mine for the past few weeks. they are light, comfy and hella durable. I will definitely be getting another pair down the line. I love these shoes.

Better hurry. The prices and sizes available suggest discontinued status.

I've had a pair of the Figaro low-tops for about four months, but I rarely wear them for DG (Merrells instead). I have to say, there must be different grades of Vibram soles because the Figaros are wearing a bit faster than any other Vibram-sole shoe I've had.

I've noticed the same. They feel a bit softer on the sole, but they are definitely grippier too. For the price I'm ok with that. Mine are still holding up just fine, haven't worn through the tread or anything yet. Been wearing them to work too, where I'm on my feet the entire day. They're seeing 60+ hours of use each week these days.

Do these run more on the narrow side? I normally wear an 11.5 in like adidas/nike, but an 11 in Keen Marshalls seemed too big, but I have Fred Flintstone feet - Looking for a nice pair of casual DG shoes, these may fit the bill if they fit right.

I miss you so much, LOL.

One round in. If the toe box were wider, it might be the perfect shoe. I am hoping my foot expands it some without breaking.

Now over a month of play, and no signs of wear at all. This shoe is a real winner for dry conditions and exactly what I needed to pair with my GoreTex shoes.

Mike C, how are you gloves holding up?

I recently got a pair, put only 6 rounds on them and the bottom has torn off already..

m7573a.jpg

I really like the shoes, but damn.. wasnt expecting this. I have contacted Merrell, but no response yet.

Mike C, how are you gloves holding up?

I recently got a pair, put only 6 rounds on them and the bottom has torn off already..

m7573a.jpg

I really like the shoes, but damn.. wasnt expecting this. I have contacted Merrell, but no response yet.

wow.... I've been wearing trail gloves for a year now, theres wear and tear almost identical to MikeC's, but nothing like that! Let us know what you hear back, I hope they take care of you!

Latest posts