• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hidden Greatness

A disc that I don't see many people using in my area anymore (I think it's because it's not the cool fast driver in Blizzard plastic) is the Orc. I can consistantly throw it farther than almost anyone my area. People will ask what I threw, then say something like, "oh yeah I remember throwing the Orc, but it won't go as far as _____." Greatest control distance driver IMO.

Oh, buddy. I'm right there with you! I've had an Orc in and around my bag since I started playing. It really does go crazy far! I've felt like an Orc is the perfect combo of speed, turn and glide for nice, controllable distance throws. I'm always surprised when people dismiss it like it's the Groove's brother. "Oh, it was an Orc? You must have really big distance with a boss/nuke/katana/destroyer..." Then I have to tell them, "no, not really...just with an Orc."

Another vote for Squall. When I first started I made the mistake of throwing whatever disc was the fastest because it had to go the farthest. Forums helped me correct this, and the Squall was the first mid I used that outperformed all of my other discs right out of the box.

i love my hydra....she's hard as a rock but always predictable....i got 2 for free and never thought i'd use em'.....but the keep weaselin' their way back into my bag!!

Oh, buddy. I'm right there with you! I've had an Orc in and around my bag since I started playing. It really does go crazy far! I've felt like an Orc is the perfect combo of speed, turn and glide for nice, controllable distance throws. I'm always surprised when people dismiss it like it's the Groove's brother. "Oh, it was an Orc? You must have really big distance with a boss/nuke/katana/destroyer..." Then I have to tell them, "no, not really...just with an Orc."

I know right. The only thing I have faster in the bag is a Sword, but for an all around control distance disc I have yet to find something that is as amazing as the Orc. Hyzer lines-Kills it. Anny bailouts-Kills it. S Curves- Kills it. Beat the snot Orc for Hyzer-Flips-Kills it. The Orc is a disc that loves to be thrown hard, I love that it's not as finicky as some others. Even bad shots seem to do better with an Orc.

Just a reminder though- NO DX ORCS

I know right. The only thing I have faster in the bag is a Sword, but for an all around control distance disc I have yet to find something that is as amazing as the Orc. Hyzer lines-Kills it. Anny bailouts-Kills it. S Curves- Kills it. Beat the snot Orc for Hyzer-Flips-Kills it. The Orc is a disc that loves to be thrown hard, I love that it's not as finicky as some others. Even bad shots seem to do better with an Orc.

Just a reminder though- NO DX ORCS

why no dx, ive been looking at the orc and havent really found good details on it, can someone explain what its like for a rhfh.

Gummy Evolution HPP Apache. Just something about it, especially for low tunnel shots of moderate length.

why no dx, ive been looking at the orc and havent really found good details on it, can someone explain what its like for a rhfh.

The DX is the same as a Champ Orc for a one tree hit. Once it hits a tree the disc loose tons of fade in a hurry. It could be ok for rollers I guess, but there's better choices there. For a RHFH player it will be long, straight with a slight fade.

i love my hydra....she's hard as a rock but always predictable....i got 2 for free and never thought i'd use em'.....but the keep weaselin' their way back into my bag!!

hahaha! Finally after a year and a half someone else mentions my favorite disc! I finally feel fulfilled and justified:)

The DX is the same as a Champ Orc for a one tree hit. Once it hits a tree the disc loose tons of fade in a hurry. It could be ok for rollers I guess, but there's better choices there. For a RHFH player it will be long, straight with a slight fade.
I miss my tye dye champ orc so much the thing was tree phobic and followed whatever line i put on it but alas i lost it and have had an impossible time replacing it. its like that one that got away....

Stratus - best control turn-over disc

XS - Hyzer-flip disc with lots of distance potential

TD - Kinda like the XS but longer with a bit more stability/fade and workable on almost any line other than a pure hyzer. It's the longest disc in my bag and easily controllable. I used to carry a Pro Katana, which is longer than the TD, but it is the hardest disc to control that I've ever thrown.

Glide - similar to the Stratus but can handle more power and as such is longer and also good for bh rollers

hahaha! Finally after a year and a half someone else mentions my favorite disc! I finally feel fulfilled and justified:)

i was actually going to metion you when i posted!! you're the only other person i have ever heard say anything about this disc....:clap: did they ever make softer ones or are they all brick hard?

Latest posts