• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High Fives on Last Tee

I always assumed it was so that you didn't get the group behind you mad, standing at the 18th basket high-fiving while they wait to tee off.

In a typical tournament with shotgun start rounds, standing around the last basket of the round would not put you in the way of anyone behind you. Presumably, the group behind you will have started their round on your last hole (or a hole prior to that), so they wouldn't have any reason to play it again.

Maybe if we do it before the last hole is played, we are sure that everyone will be there to participate. If it's done after hole 18 is completed, someone might leave hastily, whether out of disappointment with their round, the urgent need to use the bathroom, or eagerness to turn in their card and pop open a beer. =D

That's the explanation I heard at my home course. I joined a doubles group once and was confused when they all fist-bumped at the last tee as if they were done. They explained that they do it there because it's often the last time they're all together as a group. After the last basket they tend to disperse for various reasons, especially at tournaments.

Well, your post did say "Maybe if we do it before the last hole played" as if it were a suggestion.

-shrug-
My full post:

Nova P said:
Maybe if we do it before the last hole is played, we are sure that everyone will be there to participate. If it's done after hole 18 is completed, someone might leave hastily, whether out of disappointment with their round, the urgent need to use the bathroom, or eagerness to turn in their card and pop open a beer. =D

(Emphasis added.)

I was comparing two ways of doing it, and showing that one of them (the way we do it) is more practical.

My full post:

(Emphasis added.)

I was comparing two ways of doing it, and showing that one of them (the way we do it) is more practical.

Ok

Sometimes posts have more clarity to the poster than they do to the reader. I was just acknowledging as a non-involved third party how your post could have easily been misconstrued. The rest is between you two. I'm out.

Latest posts