• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hobos: course hazard or new friends?

Thankfully, J-Park & Hyzer Creek are out in the middle of nowhere.......... just the occasional bike rider that pedals in and pulls cans from the trash.

Once the Central Park Schenectady course goes in, i'm sure i'll be able to add to this thread. Dead center in the middle of town. My lunch run to Subway today included a run-in with a local deadbeat.

Hobo shewing rangers, gotta love em.:D I wonder if they sing a hobo shewing song while doing so. Subcehros review of Pease in Texas says "Homeless guy under the bridge followed me till I finally gave him a cigarette" so watch out if you are at Pease and are low on smokes.

Last edited:
I say that if you hit one, you take a stroke off your score. Not a hazard, but a bonus.

There was one sleepin at the t-pad on hole 18 at greenbriar community center one time.

I say that if you hit one, you take a stroke off your score. Not a hazard, but a bonus.

There was one sleepin at the t-pad on hole 18 at greenbriar community center one time.

just throw some rocks at them until they move, then we you go past them throw some empty beer cans at them. its like a discipline reward thing you have to use. train your locol hobos

When they're coherant enough to move out of the fairway, there cool, and I'll tip them for their effort. How many of you would like people throwing frisbees by your head while you're chillin on the couch in your living room?

When they're coherant enough to move out of the fairway, there cool, and I'll tip them for their effort. How many of you would like people throwing frisbees by your head while you're chillin on the couch in your living room?

it happens to alot of people by something they call kids

There are two bums at our local course. Stan (the nice one) wears a wetsuit all the time so he can get people's discs when it goes in the water which is a really nice thing to do. The other one is a complete a**hole. We were throwing on a blind hole one time and heard a big clang after someone threw. Ended up that someone hit this guys bag of cans on the ground and sent them flying everywhere. He was pissed and went off on us just swearin and all sorts of crap. My friend really hates this guy so after that he cut a hole in the barcode of every single can he found so the bum couldn't scan em for money. Serves that damn bum right.

I guess I assumed there were more humanist disc golfers out there. Everyone talks about the homeless like they're wild animals or zombies. I've got it good and I drink, smoke, and golf to chill out. If I lived in a city park, I'm sure a handle of bourbon would help make the world go away. You can keep up that hustle, and keep up that pace, but it won't assure you that a bad turn of events won't send you crashing into homelessness. I think people's biggest problem with hobos is that they see what "could" happen to them, and it disgusts them. Go easy on the bums.

Well seeing that my living room isn't a disc golf course, I'd be quite frustrated. To many breakables. Really, there's no comparison. Bad metaphor. I pay for my living room.

Bums are bums because they're bums. In most cases, it's their own fault. At least from what I've seen.

I've been on the verge of bumness. Parents were paying for everything, but I fixed that, on my own. So it can be done. It's the effort they're lacking.

Last edited:
Headline: DG'er saves hobo

There was a story in the papers last year about a disc golfer finding a homeless woman that had been beaten & left for dead. It was out at Morningside park in Knoxville. Some early morning disc golfers found the woman in the bushes clinging to life. She had been beaten up the night before. Pretty fortunate.
By the way, this course is heavy with hobos. But luckily they mostly keep to themselves.
I'm not a big bum fan having grown up in the city & always having to dodge & being pestered by the scam artists. I usually try to ignore them.

Latest posts