• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 04/16/13: Longview Park in Rock Island, IL

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Longview Park
in Rock Island, IL
Rating – 2.55

11 Reviews

Hole #16
Par 3, 339'

Hole Details says it plays uphill. No Hole Tips.

Hole #16 Tee
9927568e.jpg

Map
attachment.php

No other pictures.

:hfive:

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Champion Valkyrie off the tee.

The course information should be updated by a local. The course established date is 1990, not 2004. I played this course back in the 90's when it was the ONLY course in the Quad Cities. Jeff Harper had a hand in the original design and should be added as an original designer. I know I played this course in a couple of PDGA tournaments in 99 and 2000. I first met Kathy Betcher-Sprague at this tournament.

RHBH a Star Light Valk out to the left on a turnover shot.
Challenger/APX from there.

RHBH Avenger SS and have it float right. Should be within 50' of the pin giving me a run for birdie.

Assuming the road is OB, I would fling a Champ TeeBird up there for a long birdie, easy three. If the wind is calm and I am feeling it, I could muscle a Champ Leopard into an ace run that would park itself before finding the road.

I assume that the street is OB and if I run my typical LHBH at the pin I'll probably skip into the road. So:

LHFH flex Champ XCaliber to stay safe and get a 3.

Leopard, Ridge, Aviar.

VIP Underworld for a nice, tight turnover. Comet or VP for the upshot, Voodoo to putt.

Bliz Teedevil at the tree on the hill. That thing flips so well it will end up down near the basket.

Champion Valkyrie off the tee.

The course information should be updated by a local. The course established date is 1990, not 2004. I played this course back in the 90's when it was the ONLY course in the Quad Cities. Jeff Harper had a hand in the original design and should be added as an original designer. I know I played this course in a couple of PDGA tournaments in 99 and 2000. I first met Kathy Betcher-Sprague at this tournament.

The course was pulled for a while. I thought it was a new layout too. Could be wrong.

I throw a flippy Nuke here.