• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 07/16/12: Pipestem State Park in Pipestem , WV

I cannot wait to get out there! I have a lil rv in a campground @ bluestone national forest about 3 miles down the road!!! We camp there all the time this looks way cool. Last time i was there i had to go to greenbriar bc i didnt know this existed! Id flip a nuke ss

hmmm i know i would really really want to throw a Leo from the long but i should prob just play it safe... RHBH flat top rancho roc from all .. beatness would depend on tee :p

Looks like you want something with a nice gradual turn. Zeppelin for the short, beat wizard for the middle, and comet for the long tee.

I'm glad #16 was chosen over #6. :thmbup:

This hole looks quite hard but would be fun to play. Having three tees is pretty cool too.
It was hard to judge from the photos exactly how sharp the turn is and how deep in the basket is. Looking closer at the first picture, trying to see the yellow band, I think I found where the basket is...

16.jpg

If that is indeed the basket then this hole is harder than I first thought.
Here's what I would do:
RHBH

Blue Tee, Par 5, 308'

Leopard or QJLS thrown anny on low power to get around the first big turn looking for some initial distance. Hope that I get far enough to have a somewhat straight look at the basket. If so I'll go with my Swan and try to lay up nice and close.

White Tee, Par 5, 278'
CE Stingray on a nice anny line and hope to hold the line and avoid trees. Swan again looking for the lay up and easy three.

Gold Tee, Par 5, 248'
Even at 248' I'm not going to try to "go for it". As this is much closer to the big turn I would probably go with the Swan and see how far I can get without hitting anything. Then Swan again to set up for the easy 3.

The tunnel doesn't look that narrow. Seems like if you throw smart and don't overpower your shot you should be ok. Great mix of distance and finesse.

Wow. This looks deadly. I'd probably throw a RHFH Firebird on all of them, with a possible Drone shot from one of the shorter ones. I really need to work on my annys so I can rely on those more than sidearm shots.

All three tees should not be easily eagle-able.

Fuse anny eagles from all three; that's astonishing they're all par 5's.

Latest posts