• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/31/13: Mohawk DGC in Brantford, ON

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hope you didn't put your passport away, cause we're still throwing plastic internationally (although I suppose it's the other way around, in reverse for our Canadian friends ;)).
Today's virtual DG tour brings us to:

Mohawk DGC in Brantford, ON
Course Rating: 3.07 (7Reviews)

Hole 9: 239'
Course Map shows the correct basket for this hole should be towards the right (not the one just left of the large tree in the middle).
b44b44a0.jpg

Course Map:
eae79533.jpg

No tips or add'l pix.

So, what would you do?
:popcorn:

Yeah, basket on the right out there, you can see it. The one on the left should be 16.

I have options here. Either a nice Ibex RHBH flat to slight anny and watching it float all the way to the basket. The other choice is a Gator RHFH, trying to play it as far left as possible so that it skips right up to the basket. I am guessing it ends up being that second shot.

X-Comet, RHBH.... although I'm really tempted to throw a Zombie ('12 Ace Race disc).
Who am I kidding? I'd throw 'em both, but since I threw the Comet first, that's the lie I'd play.
APX to clean up.

Last edited:
beat up dx cro, slight turnover. chain hunting i am.

Nice a local course! 30 mins from my house ... discgolfertub will be all over this one - it's his home course.

The obvious shot here is a very slight anhyzer for RHBH - the hole does play downhill and if you go long you're in trouble. Most players throw a midrange or a putter very slight-straight anhyzer RHBH. There is also a RHBH hyzer line (out of the picture), but the skip factor is large; it's kind of hard to get real close that way.

I usually throw a beat roc or an aviar depending on the wind. I haven't played here with my new bag setup, so now I'd probably throw either an Opto Fuse or Pure on the anny.

discgolfertub will be throwing a glow ontario roc ;)

Nice a local course! 30 mins from my house ... discgolfertub will be all over this one - it's his home course.

The obvious shot here is a very slight anhyzer for RHBH - the hole does play downhill and if you go long you're in trouble. Most players throw a midrange or a putter very slight-straight anhyzer RHBH. There is also a RHBH hyzer line (out of the picture), but the skip factor is large; it's kind of hard to get real close that way.

I usually throw a beat roc or an aviar depending on the wind. I haven't played here with my new bag setup, so now I'd probably throw either an Opto Fuse or Pure on the anny.

discgolfertub will be throwing a glow ontario roc ;)

RHBH Wizard with an anny works well here also, its an excellent shot to watch the flight. The hyzer route works with a well with the skip shot, slight hyzer TeeBird.

Latest posts