• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/5/2017: Nockamixon State Park Hole 13 in Quakertown, PA

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.40 from 72 reviews.

Hole 13
Par 3
Original: 246 ft.
New layout per sign below.
Plays uphill.

Tee Sign:
c086bae4.jpg

Tee:
d9b04825.jpg

Basket:
04b4ac81.jpg

Course Map

Original: Classic Roc BH
New: With that tunnel and distance, probably two or three Proxy BHs and a putt

Original: Who knows.

New: Probably a couple Star Leopards and hope to be close enough to putt.

Sidewinder or Comet shots down the tunnel, depending on what's clicking that day.

Man, this is a tough looking hole. Especially considering the dropoff on the right.

548 pin: Roc, roc
670 pin: Roc, roc, approach

Ugh! Looks like my nemesis hole 5 @ Fallasburg in Lowell, MI. 500' uphill tunnel. SUCH a hard hole for me...

Orignial pin: A few RHBH hyzerflipped FDs, finish with a RHFH MOAB to get the dogleg right finish.

Long pin/New pin: Same RHBH hyzerflip FD off the tee, finish with a beat S-PD to get the corner left.

Probably Mako3 or Comet a few times, hoping to keep it in the tunnel.

You want to make sure you land in the middle of the fairway. I throw a beat-up flippy Roc twice down the fairway for the easy approach and putt with a Wizard.

If you end up anywhere left on this hole you are in horrible jail. Forced to pitch out 8/10 times. To the right there is a drop off but it's not as bad as being left.

I would go two shots with the meteor or maybe try to put my MJLS down there a bit if I was feeling brave.

I'm shaking in my boots. Probably Z undertaker RHBH from the tee. Then I'll plan to work my scramble game.

Proxy from start to finish. Hope for a 4 happy with a 5.

Watch my buddies throw fairway drivers and mids and each shoot 6 or 7 because of pitch-outs.

This is on my bucket list of courses, after seeing it so much on DGM videos.

I'm not throwing anything that isn't a midrange here. Probably would put a comet in the bag for this course specifically, and throw it a lot. Hope to play for a 4 leading with a z comet off the tee.