• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/6/2017: Williamsburg Community Park Hole 7 in Williamsburg, OH

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.03 from 16 reviews.

Hole 7
Par 3
535 ft.
Water in play.

Tip By: sisyphus
No easy answers here on "The Lane", but you really want to stay in the fairway. Those with accurate LONG range drives have a very slim chance of getting near basket long. The rest of us need to play under control to have a shot at putting for three. I go with my straight driver (star Tern), then something that goes slightly to the right, and dependent on how far down the drive went.

Tee:
c880009c.jpg

Approach:
51fc4250.jpg

Basket:
4781503a.jpg

Course Map

I am throwing a safe straight star Leo off the tee. But then I am going back to the tee with my Cannon just to see if I can keep it straight. I will throw the Leo again and hopefully be in putting distance and then go look for my Cannon in the woods somewhere just beyond my original drive.

RHBH Eagle L off the Tee and FH a FB toward the green.

Champ Sidewinder, rhbh off the tee and hopefully straight up the middle.

what sisyphus failed to note was the stinging nettles, so seriously, stay in the fairway unless you're wearing long pants...

ar archer, x stratus, soft roach for the three

PFN Star Teebird, hope to get about 300-320'. Proto Star Mako upshot. Possibly some sort of FH, depending on which side of the fairway I end up on.

You're right, Russel, in season, the nettles off the fairway add another hazard (in addition to the trees that block your clean line back to the best flight lines). We've worked pretty hard in the past couple of years to clear the undergrowth an extra 40 or 50 feet on either side in June and August, but you want to keep between the tree lines. with its length and the river on the right (just 25 to 40 feet past the basket as you putt).

I've never seen this one deuced, but have heard of one or two. Ever. Three is an acceptable score for tourney players here, but it's easy to get yourself in trouble. Play conservatively after an errant shot and save the four, so you won't lose much on the field!

I think I'd throw my beat-to-straight QJLS BH and either Roc or Zone upshot

It's been at least three years since I've been to The 'Burg.

I hate this hole. I three'd it twice in a tourney two years ago and it felt like getting a pair of eagles.

I still (attempt to)throw the same two shots whenever I play it. Insanity on a flip line, hopefully it finishes just right of center. Then flex a FH at the green.

beat pPD off the tee to get in good position for 2nd shot.
^this except sPD. just gunna try & keep it straight as possible on a low line for minimum fade

Based on the description, Mako3 or Leo off the tee, then maybe a RHFH Thief