• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/14/11: Fay Clark Park - Hiawatha, IA

ElementZ

Double Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Fay Clark Park in Hiawatha, IA

Hole #9
Red - 400 feet (3)
Blue - 500 feet (3)

Looks like it's in the B position (500 feet), in between the two trees in line with the right half of the building.

Hole #9 Tee:
6a368f17.jpg

Course Map:
4d66c0b0.pdf

rampage RHBH

Nothing too exciting about this course. About 70 % of the holes look similar. Slight uphill all the way. Whatever you want to throw to get some distance. I would probably just stick with my TL off the tee, then Buzzz then a Voodoo.

The pin you can see in the picture is for another hole. From what I remember, the long pin is directly behind the row of bushes maybe another 50ft or so. The short pin is before the bushes but slightly on the right. The hole played up an incline, making this hole play longer than noted distances.

Short - wraith, cobra, putt
Long - wraith, cobra, rhyming, putt

This was a HOD just recently...maybe it was changed mid-day due to boredom...I recall the OP said that he'd throw this hole, pick up his disc, and leave...

Anyway, I'd throw my trusty PD.

ah yes, another hole at a course i play at least once a week.

hiawatha is always windy, and hole 9 always has a headwind.

you won't be birding this hole. it's 400 feet uphill with wind howling in your face, 2s are rare on it. you especially won't be birding it in the blue position. you will be throwing two shots before you putt and that is with wind included

even some of the biggest arms in the area don't consistently reach this hole

Hell; i fthere is wind and uphill to make this boring hole also annoying; I think I might as well work on my rollers now that I think about it.

Star Vulcan on whatever roller I feel like trying.

Give me something to do while walking around in an empty field.

Latest posts