• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/30/2017: Fallasburg Park Hole 1 in Lowell, MI

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.90 from 41 reviews.

Hole 1
Par 4
574 ft.

Tip By: Durco
For a RHBH player from the long tee: Throw to just the left side of the short tee. Short or long of the short tee is a great spot to land to set up your 2nd shot. You don't need a lot of distance off the tee as the further past the short tee your drive goes the closer to the rough it will land. The fairway really shrinks down about 40 ft past the short tee. I like to throw a teebird off the tee as it doesn't skip too much, keeping me in the middle of the fairway. Usually my 2nd shot is with a roc (sometimes a teebird if there is a headwind) Set yourself up for the 2nd shot off the tee rather than trying to smash your drive far and you will have more chances for the birdie 3.

Tip By: sgamerp
I like to be to the right side of the fairway rather then the left. However if you are long and to the left there is a small opening at the basket.

Tee:
2b04ef50.jpg

Mid-Fairway:
7c354f34.jpg

Approach:
92868345.jpg

Basket to Tee:
1124c354.jpg

Course Map

Hole 1 preview is at 1:03 in.

One of my favorite courses in the area! Hole one is a biatch, pushing 600' and ending uphill in a bit of woods. Luckily, for the 2017 Pro World Masters they cleared a LOT of the brush and trees out of the approach and green making the par 4 much more attainable. Shultz nailed the perfect way to play this hole.

I usually go S-PD off the tee, get up a little past the Am pad on the left side for the more open (after '17 PWM trimming) approach to the green.

If I'm feeling frisky, I'll go C-TD roller and get it further up there, but that means an approach from the right side of the fairway, which means a few bigger evergreens to contend with on the approach.

Probably hyzer a QJLS to the gap and a Zone/PD flick depending on how much distance is left.

bfbf6bf3.jpg

Why is this photo (that is on the home page today) included in the photos for this course?

What positive contribution does this photo make for this course? Is this what we want to show the world about disc golf?

At any rate: Champion Katana from the tee.

bfbf6bf3.jpg

Why is this photo (that is on the home page today) included in the photos for this course?

What positive contribution does this photo make for this course? Is this what we want to show the world about disc golf?

Yeah. Not the finer feature. But it a unique "path of coins" on the course. It's about 5' wide and 30' long with thousands of beer caps... Not my favorite thing ever, not the classiest thing ever, but it is unique... So they take some pride in it...