• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/5/2018: VisionQuest Hole 9 in Cedar, MN

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.70 from 63 reviews

Hole 9
Par 3
Blue Tee: 123 ft.
Red Tee: 167 ft.
Black Tee: 242 ft.

Tip By: E_Rock25 Trusted Reviewer - Bronze Level
This is my favorite hole on the course not because of how it looks (there are many amazing looking holes here) but because of its design. You are throwing slightly downhill to a tiered green with an elevated pin position. If that's not enough there is OB 30' behind the basket. Looking down the fairway many myself included will be tempted to run at the ace. I ran at it with a shaman and ended up getting saved from OB by a lucky tree kick. I then sank a 40' jumper for a 2.

Tee Sign:
bf5280d9.jpg

Tee:
e96356b9.jpg

Basket to Tee:
d5ee298e.jpg

Course Map

threw a Wizard, sailed it a bit....hit a 40' comebacker into the extremely elevated basket (it drops off a bit after the basket)....

There was only one tee when we were there. From black I'd probably toss a beat to **** Buzzz...

Oh man... Vision Quest... Total bucket list right here!!

Red/Blue: Electron Pilot
Black: 400G M4

Just keep it as straight and narrow as I can through the trees. Hope to actually try it one day!

Maybe a standstill Deputy?

Gl Core for Blue/Red
Thrashed DX Leo for black.

Threw my Pure on this one about 8 ft in front of basket for easy deuce, wanted no part of going long and bringing up OB and/or very high uphill putt. Fun course.

Pain tomahawk for the first two, throwing low and sliding on it's face into the uphill. It's a shot I throw all the time and should give me a birdie look.

Comet for the longer one

Berg
Berg
Pig

Should'nt need to worry about OB unless I get an uncharacteristic roll away

I'm not crazy for you elevated basket but I'm going wizard to avoid the ob.

Emac Truth if I'm feeling froggy

Otherwise Ballista Pro overhand

Soft Proxy/Soft Proxy
Tangent

threw a Wizard, sailed it a bit....hit a 40' comebacker into the extremely elevated basket (it drops off a bit after the basket)....

There was only one tee when we were there. From black I'd probably toss a beat to **** Buzzz...

Pretty much exactly this. Except I landed *on* the OB line, close enough that the group determined I should throw a provisional. I drained both from 40+ feet. TD determined that the 2 was correct. And from black probably a roc.

Latest posts