• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 11/2/2023: Bluemont Park Hole #4 Arlington, VA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Bluemont Park in Arlington, VA

Blue
Pin A: 268 ft
Pin B: 333 ft
Pin C: 381 ft

White
Pin A: 187 ft
Pin B: 252 ft
Pin C: 300 ft

Red
Pin A: 154 ft
Pin B: 219 ft
Pin C: 267 ft

Green
Pin A: 104 ft
Pin B: 169 ft
Pin C: 217 ft

"Blind, up and over a ridge. Nice OB behind basket. Set up is everything here. Aan ace attempt with enough height for the chains will land OB. You have to gamble... either go for ace and get a 3... or set up for birdie and skip the ace attempt. Sweet."

"Favourite hole #4C from the whites: About 250', slightly uphill, slightly right-turning, basket not visible because it is in the woods and below the slope of the hill, guarded by a OB creek behind and to the left."

Blue Tee
75178-b6202068.jpg

Blue Tee
12845-eaf34c71.jpg

White Tee
12837-983b5134.jpg

Red Tee
12805-5c060950.jpg

Blue Basket
115047-0e07f2ef.jpg

Basket (C Pin)
75179-6abeefe6.jpg

Tee Sign
112744-a67b018f.jpg

Love that green area over the creek. reminds me of Pratt Park to the south of there in Fredericksburg. there's a few greens similar to it.

Blue tee if I think I can hit the gap Plasma Wave or Plasma Inertia

Love that green area over the creek. reminds me of Pratt Park to the south of there in Fredericksburg. there's a few greens similar to it.

Blue tee if I think I can hit the gap Plasma Wave or Plasma Inertia
Those holes at Pratt have been pulled for stream remediation- we will see what they look like when they return.

Those holes at Pratt have been pulled for stream remediation- we will see what they look like when they return.
Ouch! Holes 12 thru 18 were awesome!

Ouch! Holes 12 thru 18 were awesome!
12 was also one of the most dangerous holes I have ever seen. While it was the best hole on the course by a fairly wide margin from a strictly dg perspective I hope it does not return without some changes.

Maverick or Uplink

Wow, so many tees, so many baskets, so complicated.
My head hurts now - DX Shark i guess

Wow, so many tees, so many baskets, so complicated.
My head hurts now - DX Shark i guess
It's an old course on a small plot nestled between neighborhoods just a few miles outside of DC. The designer did an amazing job getting nine holes in with large variety of looks on just a few acres while dealing with the issues of being in a multi-use park. Shout out to Timber, the hardest working man in disc golf!

From blue it's probably some sort of Flare Forehand. Depends on placement though. I've played this and I think it was on the right side then.

So many options, fun looking stuff. If I did White to C I think I'd go rhbh neutron impulse.

My only ace in all my years of playing disc golf was on this hole, and I couldn't even see it go into the basket! I don't know if it went straight in, skipped, bounced off a tree, or what. :cry:

Oh man I missed my old home course as hole of the day yesterday!
Shorter shots it's a putter, middle pads distances it's a forehand for me. If I had a longer forehand it would be from the longs as well but I always found a turnover easier. Been in that creek many many times. I haven't played Bluemont in probably 10 years, it got crazy crowded during covid I hear. Long tees cross fairways, so with any amount of traffic they're kind of unplayable.

Long tees cross fairways, so with any amount of traffic they're kind of unplayable.
You're not wrong there. I try to go only early morning or evening, otherwise it is too crowded. During heavier traffic hours, parkgoers also make it a pain as they slowly wander through the fairway, usually with their dogs. I've had a few dirty looks while picking up my disc when it landed near someone on the fairway after they ignored the signs warning about flying discs.

My home course! First hucked there when I moved into the neighborhood to the east in 1984. Never aced there or anywhere elseI typically play on weekdays at midday and avoid crowds.

This looks kind of fun, will have to look it up if I get to DC

Opto Explorer

One of the few NOVA courses I haven't played. Probably a Pathfinder off of most of the tees.