• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 11 April 2013 Forrest Park in Bloomington, IL

JSurmann

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Forrest Park in Bloomington, IL
Course Rating 2.58 from 12 Reviews

Hole 7
Red Tee 346' Par 3
White Tee 343' Par 3

Red Tee
cbe61a21.jpg

White Tee
0e9b76bb.jpg

No Course Map
No Hole Tips

Quotes from reviews

crazypooljunkie said:
Bordered by busy roads, stray shots on 1, 5, 6, 9 and especially 7 could end up in the middle of traffic

Cobra165 said:
The concern about hole 7 is legit. There is a narrow strip of trees/scrub protecting a grip-locked shot from cruising into a busy street. Be careful!

Dwiggy444 said:
A few holes (#3, #5 and #7) are long and/or require very precise drives, providing an excellent challenge for players of all skill levels

ElementZ said:
There's a risk of throwing your disc onto the street on hole #7 as the fairway hugs the street. If you accidently grip lock, you're in big trouble.

I'd like to add that Forrest Park is known to be a meeting place of homosexual men after the sun has set. So...be aware if you plan on playing after hours that you may be approached.
:clap:

Red: RHFH Star Wraith flex shot to skip under the basket.
White: RHBH 169g beat DX Leopard on a turnover to die aboit 15-20 feet short. Long putt for Bird.

nice and easy TL from red. from white Il do the same with a little turnover.

Red: Beat DX Banshee, approach with Comet, putt with Voodoo

White: VIP Underworld (*perfect* disc for this shot), approach with VP (because I'm likely closer than above), putt with Voodoo

HOLE TIP - the hole plays downhill and the basket is on the edge of a steep drop that runs away to the OB road behind it. Whatever you throw needs to have enough power to get to the basket, but come in soft enough that it doesn't skip/roll OB deep. The road to the right of the trees is no longer there.

I usually throw a stable Roc from the red tee and challenge the ceiling/tree line letting it hyzer in front of the tree line and settle by the basket. From the long tee I throw a beat Roc flat and let it slowly turn at the basket.

Here are the two tees in relation to the basket:

NA9a35C.jpg

Latest posts