• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/06/12: Oak Park in Wichita, KS

Are there two HOD's today? I'm getting Monroe Community Park in Monroe, OH on my home page.
:confused:

Anyways, here's a couple pics to help with Oak #6.

Overhead

izuyd0.jpg

Panorama Shot

9k79z9.jpg

I wouldn't say this hole plays entirely flat as there's a slight uphill grade once you cross the water, which can make approaches tricky when its windy.

Prevailing wind here is usually from the south (left-to-right headwind), but depending on the exact direction, and how low you keep your drive, the trees can block it, or they can help tunnel it right at you.

I always LHFH off the short tee here to poke it through the window, and always LHBH off the long to make sure I get a rightward fade.

I have a couple different ways I'd play this depending on the wind that day.

Long with no wind/slight wind: Newer ESP Nuke thrown hard and flat with a slight hyzer to get as far as possible. Spike upshot/run since I think I can stretch the distance enough to have a chance at it.
Long with traditional Kansas crazy wind: Opto Villain just to fight that wind. Grip Line Spike upshot, Zero Line Spike finish.

Short: Z Hornet or Gold Line Trident depending on how I was feeling, Spike clean up for the easy two.

Blizz Boss from both. If windy: Blizz Destroyer from both.

teebird short, katana long

Toss up between RHBH a S-PD or SP Rouge or RHFH Champ Krait. Would depend on wind. Finish with an Ion or Lycan.

Long and Short: Either a river or teebird off the tee. Weight and freshness of the disc would depend on wind. After that would be a coyote or MVP Axis depending on the next shot. eventually finish up with an Ion.

Latest posts