• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/14/2022: New World DGC - Green Hole #1 Jacksonville, FL

Bardu

* Ace Member *
New World DGC - Green in Jacksonville, FL

544 ft.
496 ft.

"1 - Right turning typical Ball Golf two shot hole"

"the course starts about as expected with a par four and a mando away from the ball golf green. A very fun and hard 400' first shot with the mando and o.b. right and left. On the approach there is a small o.b. creek and a large guardian tree right, oh and don't forget about that o.b. left."

Tee
809ed040.jpg

not a lot to go off, but it looks like the dogleg is in the first part of the fairway and if you carry straight there may be OB. Golf course right turning 500' par 4 sounds like a perfect RHBH roller hole, but that OB looks tight.

I am going with a turnover with my beat in Tyrant (back in the bag for winter funsies) or a Chameleon. Probably try a wave for fun and see if I can reach the green to.

Just finished watching Macbeth dominate at the other course last night actually. This one looks pretty unique.

Probably a Star Roadrunner.

Man I need to get up there, maybe early spring once the time changes

Lucid Evader to make sure I make the mando and stay IB

New World is located on what once was Naval Air Station Cecil Field, I was stationed there in the mid 80's. The ball course back then was called Fiddlers Green. I played a ton of ball golf including club tournaments with large cash payouts. Good times with shipmates as we played waiting on the cart girl with adult beverages and food, and if we couldn't wait there were beer machines on the course. I was once chased by the resident 3-legged alligator, funniest thing that ever happened to me on any course.

On the fairway to the basket the large tree on the right is water, I once bent down to pick up a golf ball until I noticed a gator head next to it, and I let him have it.

Throwing a Westside Destiny.

Should be able to make it down there one of these days and bag the courses. Maybe for the first time in twenty years I'll play a round of ball golf for old times' sake. That course hasn't changed.

Latest posts