• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/5/2017: Stumpy Creek Hole 3 in Mooresville, NC

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.58 from 36 reviews.

Hole 3
White Tee: 306 ft Par 3
Blue Tee: 429 ft. Par 4

Short Tee:
f23a8bc7.jpg

From user 1978: Shoot the gap straight ahead then a gentle fade to the right to the pin

Long Tee:
89df2496.jpg

Approach:
6b2b17c0.jpg

Basket:
644f16b0.jpg

Course Map

Short: River going up the gap
Long: Volt, looking to land in the opening that is ~300ft away according to the pic.

Short: Underworld
Long: Looks like a low ceiling, so probably a Claymore to start

Short: Hyzerflipped Lucid Thief
Long: beat Neutron Volt to the opening, then a KC Aviar upshot

Cool looking hole.
Short: TD flick hyzer flip. try to get a pretty straight flight with slow fade.
Long: looks like a BH shot. Turn my Mako3 over slightly. Try to land in the middle or on the woodline to the left. Then approach with a wizard flick.

Short: Plasma Envy or slightly beat DX Roc3
Long: Champ Leo3, to Classic Blend Slammer upshot

This hole always eats my lunch I think. It's hard to remember b/c lots of Stumpy's holes eat my lunch, lol.
Short: RHFH Volt/C-PD
Long: RHFH Volt/C-PD and praying that I'm briefly possessed by Gregg Barsby to execute properly but in reality I saw it off and end up awkwardly on fairway's edge where I attempt an ill-advised FH roller/Polecat shot that doesn't work and I have a frustratingly long putt for par.

Long teepad never got poured.

Short pad: It's a really tricky line. At first appearance it looks like a FH/Lefty hole. It's not. A LHBH/RHFH has to be a understable disc on a hyzer to make turn of fairway and then finish straight instead of fading (as of the fairway is pretty brutal on this hole). I think the RHBH is actually the best play to park it, an understable disc flat that turns over thens holds straight or a moderately stable disc on an anhyzer.

This one plays pretty difficult. Scoring average is way over 3 on a tournament field. And then a darn single chain Innova basket ready to spit out or allow cut-thru strong putts.

LHBH Star Valk for me.

Thanks Bhadella for putting up a video of me butchering this hole that I designed. A lot has been cleaned on the right side making the corner easier to beat. Also woods have been thinned past the first gap to give better second throw opportunities. The fairway is much cleaner than these pictures which were right after it was made 8 years ago.

Thanks Bhadella for putting up a video of me butchering this hole that I designed. A lot has been cleaned on the right side making the corner easier to beat. Also woods have been thinned past the first gap to give better second throw opportunities. The fairway is much cleaner than these pictures which were right after it was made 8 years ago.

#bros

Latest posts