• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 2/27/14: Williamson County DGC in Leander, TX

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Williamson County DGC in Leander, TX
Course Rating: 4.01, 37 reviews
Hole 10: 784ft

Got ourselves a big'un today...
d67fd3b1.jpg

Basket to tee:
a32236c0.jpg

Course Map
105317b7.jpg

Don't forget to leave your payment in the box!

Looks like I'd have to play this in sections, but I can't really tell how far any of the legs are.
Off the top o'me head...
1) beat Pro Boss RHBH off the tee
2) Diamond RHBH (or same Boss RHFH)
3) Challenger or Ibex
4) APX

Not likley I set myself up for a 3 if that map is accurate.
Love the "Pack it in, pack it out" on the sign!

Last edited:
Big flex shot over the trees with a D3. Then an M3 to the basket. PA4 in the chains.

LHBH D3 off of the tee, D3/D4 next depending on the line I need to draw. Finish up with an ion/m4/zone depending on what sort of angle and distance in that i have. Wizard for the par and happily move to the next box.

First leg looks pretty long, so I'll start with a Star Wraith. SPD or Teebird(s) to follow.

A double dogleg huh? Looks to be about 250-275 to each bend

Off the tee, RHBH Volt hyzer around the first bend then RHFH Flash around the second bend. Should have a look for 3.

If the map scale is correct, it looks like the first and last leg are approximately 300 feet. If this is the case, then I am likely going to start with a Leopard or Roc just to keep it clean. I would then get more adventurous with the second shot.

However, if I have a spotter available, it looks like I have some height I could play with and since the hole seems to dogleg left, if I go airborne straight ahead, clear some of that brush, it looks like I could still find some fairway on the backside. If that is the case, maybe I will try to bomb a Wraith or Sword.

As with others here, scale is interesting to deal with...

I would probably be a RHBH Volt, a RHFH Z Stalker and hopefully an anode to clean up on.

But knowing my luck, I will be playing from some garbage at some point so my game plan will probably all go to crap by the start of the second shot lol.

Rough looks brutal. Probably a Buzzz off the tee aiming for that landing zone. Not sure what next but playing a lay up again. Looking to get to 150-200 range for an easy approach and finish for a 4.