• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 2/3/15: Nevin DGC hole 7 in Charlotte, NC

It's an Ion for me, but that tree gap is every bit as hard to hit as it looks. It's intimidating to look at, and brutal to throw. Make it, but put too much on it, and all of a sudden, you wish you had never come to the course. GREAT HOD!

Had such a blast at this course but yeah she is a tuffy no doubt.. I wasnt throwing Legacy back then i think just tossed a beat roc nice and smooth up the gut.. now i would go RHBH Legend Clutch

One of my biggest pet peeves. Why even install a concrete tee if you're not going to make it level? To me, that invites just as much injury opportunity as doing nothing.

Always build retaining walls around my tees to make them level and give run up and run off.

Soft Envy, stand still easy throw. I like this hole a lot. I can make it 7 out of 10 times through. It doesn't always land where I need it to but it makes the gap. :D

Yes, the gap is wider than people think. This is an easy 3 hole, but another great Charlotte type hole. Fair, but makes you think. Because of the drop off behind the basket (which is terraced and stepped BTW) you think about speed...that throws you off. Its a 12' pad for a 202' hole!! That gets people confused too. the fairway continues to widen as you get closer to the basket but an early tree hit is brutal. The safest play is a jump putt through the gap, then a layup and move on, but who wants to do that on a 200' hole...the beauty of Nevin. The landing zones are there but the gaps are fair enough to entice overplay.

I'd say the gap is 5'5" to 6' and only about 30' ahead I can lay in it. Im often long with my JK Aviar. There is a hump right before the basket that will make discs skip if they come in flat and low. A little height helps the disc fall left without flairing down the hill. Mids here probably not a good idea. Slow overstable putters or nose up throws to slow the disc down. You can see howie's throw in the masters video. Looks good but ended up 50' long.

My one regret is that the basket is not visible off the tee. I may remedy that by raising it 6-8" or moving it slightly to the right.

No way those trees are 5.5 feet apart. This ones like throwing out of the back of a big walk-in closet. just eyeballing it the last time I played (and read that number on here.) More like 4. Needs official measurement.

Envy.

Last edited:
Soft summit RHBH. If it hits a tree, it tacos, and drops rather than shooting into the woods!

Latest posts