• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/11/14: William Harbin Park in Fairfield, OH

Just for those of you who dont play here regularly, theres typically a pretty intense headwind on this hole and understable discs dont work out so well....

This one IS uphill at least 15', and maybe as much as 20'. It plays as if longer. And there is usually wind coming down the hill*.

My weak arm has to get up to a teebird here, park it and drop in my soft banger gt. :p

*we played the ice bowl here in late January. New snow drifting up around our calves, and the wind picking up all day. By the time we played this one in the afternoon, winds were steady down the hill at 40 mph, with gusts easily into the 50's. Tee shots flipping right, upshots diving left, I eventually drilled a 25' upshot intentionally into the base of the pin to save my 5 (!). I was even complimented for it because it was absolutely the right call. Even though our card read 5, 4, 5 & 4 on the hole, we were pretty much laughing at the absurdity of it.

This is a putter or midrange. Cincy people saying they use drivers shame on you.

depends on the wind. i would like to see you take a pig into a 25 mph wind on an uphill shot that plays about 275-300 feet. first off you might be able too. second you wouldnt. why waste energy when you can throw a midrange or a fairway and not waste as much energy.

Latest posts