• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/19/12: Mayfair Park in Westchester, IL

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Mayfair Park
Hole 2, distance unknown
Hole Info is blank
Caption in pic says, "Hole #2 Tee: Basket located past the tree in the middle 30' feet or so past it."

24c130e5.jpg

ae6e7887.jpg

According to Course Info, this is a niner with total dist of 2048 ft... averages about 228 ft/hole. Perhaps a bit of local knowledge would help but, what the hey:

Doesn't look that far, and a bit down the slope.
Prolly a Hornet or a Drone thrown wide right to hit gap between the trees and come in for a nice birdie putt.

This hole is only ~195ft downhill. The most (read: only) interesting hole on this course. Beyond the brush to the right, is a creek that you must flyover to hit that hyzer line JoshEpoo is talking about. In the summer, it is really the only viable line, keeping it under the tree and running straight at it is nearly physically impossible with out some unpredictable air bounce magic. Leave your disc a little deep into that cluster of trees, you are surely bouncing into the water. If you squeeze through the gap you have an easy drop in deuce, the safe play is to hyzer out early around the first guard tree and leave yourself with a straight forward 30ft putt.

Last edited:
I'm going to either hyzer the ion or possibly the Z Zone. Is there anything up above stopping you from throwing a thumber or thommy over that short tree?

I'll put a FLX Drone up in the air backhand. Looking for the fade behind the first tree. Then try to hit the putt with a Summit

well i guess id have to just walk up to the tee then choose.

I played this course with just a Buzzz last year while visiting family in Chicago. DGXShiny is right, pretty dull course. I believe I went LHBH to the small low gap on the left.