• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/2/2021: Pinto Lake DGC Hole #5 Watsonville, CA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Pinto Lake DGC in Watsonville, CA

487 ft./357 ft.

"Very tough!! Consider hole 5: it's 500 plus feet with a 15 foot fairway. If you land your disc to the left of the fairway your second shot is from a steep hill, and you've still got probably 250 feet to go. If you land it to the right it's OB in the poison oak."

"hole 5 - 500ish, par 4 - the hole tees off from the right side of the road. the fairway is the road itself with the lake coming into play on the right with some thick thick brush in between the road and the shore. the fairway plays a slight incline all the way. the basket sits on top of a ridge in a clearing to the left side of the road."

Tee
2f452165.jpg

Basket
7f66016a.jpg

acf74048.jpg

Hole note says slightly uphill the whole way, so I'm probably just going Shryke or Destroyer for both pins depending on the wind. Short, looking for a 2. Long, I'm expecting a 3 every time with maybe a LOOOONG look at a jumper every once in a great while.

I think I'm mashing on a relay high over the junk to the left, letting it turn over and gently fading back just enough to keep out of the "OB poison oak"

Looks like a smash that finishes left. I would throw my star 169g wraith. Then hopefully either a nova or zone upshot then tap in for birdie.