• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/20/14: Rogers Lakewood Park in Valparaiso, IN

So many unknown variables on this hole that can only be solved by actually being there. How much of a ceiling to we have to play with in case we want to hyzerbomb something around the corner? Is it this narrow the whole way to the basket? Are there additional turns?

Straight up, never playing it before, I guess I go with a Warden or a Cobra and treat it like an approach shot, staying in the fairway until I feel like I can finally gun a shot at the basket. It also depends how I am playing that day and how the competition is playing.

So many unknown variables on this hole that can only be solved by actually being there. How much of a ceiling to we have to play with in case we want to hyzerbomb something around the corner? Is it this narrow the whole way to the basket? Are there additional turns?

Straight up, never playing it before, I guess I go with a Warden or a Cobra and treat it like an approach shot, staying in the fairway until I feel like I can finally gun a shot at the basket. It also depends how I am playing that day and how the competition is playing.

It's not a sharp left turn but pretty gradual initially that flattens out. Hyzer bombing is not really an option unless you want to hyzer out into the thick rough on the left. There are small trees/bushes immediately around the tee area that prevent any steep hyzers off the tee, only forward penetrating shots.

This is one of the harder holes on the course and also one of my favorites.

I like to throw a seasoned Roc off the tee on a hyzer angle to let it slowly flip up and land flat way down the fairway. Then depending on where it lands I will either throw a mid straight at the basket (low ceiling+uphill approach means I have to throw something faster) or if my straight line is blocked I will try to attack the green by going over the top.

gn1yz61.png

If I'm playing alone I'd throw a Wizard off the tee and see what I have left. Playing with friends I'd use a spotter and throw a Wasp or Teebird to get past the corner.

I usually go PD or firebird around the corner, and wizard or comet upshot up the hill. I've never deuced the longer pin placements, so I'm just playing for the 3.

Hey hey #6...fh teebird, real soft like with a ton of hyzer.

This hole is so much less difficult after they cut out a bunch of stuff a while back.

All that stuff on the right side is gone now, much easier tee shot.

Safe play is a RHBH hyzer to the open area, around 250'. Then FH or OH approach shot depending on the pin. The approach is not easy - uphill with low branched trees - getting a 4 on either of the longs is OK by me usually.

*TB to start and then take it from there. perfect world would be *TB --> zone --> wiz if it really plays as described.

I'm usually throwing a Banshee flat at the gap and letting it dump off to the left. Depending n my lie ill go Buzz right at it or Firebird hyzer if needed. Putt from there

I don't think Ive ever 3'd this hole

Probably Comet or Wasp off the tee, then either RGL Spike or Wizard depending on where I land for the up, since I just switched to Wizards for putting, OG Wizard for the 3 (maybe 4 depending on how badly I botch the tee).

I've seen the hole parked... Well, to circle's edge anyway. Two different lefty players. One with a turnover Leopard, another with a big over the top flex shot with a Cannon. It's a tough 3, and a very sick 2.

I should say though that both of those guys can bomb lefty. If you're just a casual lefty player that tops out at 400 this is NOT a lefty friendly hole at all.

Probably start off the a big Tursas anny. Then evaluate, but probably an Escape.