• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/13/2015: Friends of Punderson DGC Hole 3 in Newbury, OH

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.60 from 21 reviews.

Hole 3
Red: 249 ft. Par 3
White: 380 ft. Par 3
Blue: 480 ft. Par 4

Red Tee:
c6bc6433.jpg

White Tee:
b0de98d2.jpg

Blue Tee:
d16214c3.jpg

Basket:
54c80f05.jpg

Basket to Tee:
0bacce20.jpg

Course Map

Red: MVP Vector
White/Blue: The trees look sort of thin on the right, I may try a big hyzer, especially for the 380 ft White Tee. If that is illegal (or off the Blue tee if the trees are thicker than they look) I will throw a low forehand.
White: Saint Pro
Blue: Boss

Hard to wrap my head around this one. The pictures are making me think it's a dogleg left, but the course map shows a dogleg right. Maybe there's a local that can explain?

Red: Z Buzzz
White: Icon Patriot
Blue: C-PD on a spike hyzer to layup to the edge of the clearing, then Z Buzzz in.

It wouldn't matter. I'd hit the first available tree and just be scrambling after that anyway.

Red: LHBH Zero Medium Pure
White: LHBH Icon Patriot
Blue: LHFH Star Firebird. Hoping to finish with X Buzzz.

Right side borders a large pond with scrubby/swampy border. Careful with those hyzers, make sure they get left or get you'll need a set of waders. Neat course, last couple holes still needed some TLC as they were freshly cut last year when I played there but the beaten in (older holes) are solid.

Red: Clutch or Z Zone
White: Pinnacle Gauge on a slight turnover out to the left hand gap then just Clutch to make my 3
Blue: OS Outlaw on a spike hyzer then work my way to basket using Clutch for 3

This is an awesome course, definitely one of the most underrated I have ever played. Lots of lower reviews from an earlier stage in its development. It's a serious wooded monster that is very well groomed, with three sets of fantastic concrete tees and multiple pins on several holes. I had a blast playing it this past summer. Postponed playing other courses so I could catch another round at this one.

The big hyzer over the lake is a tough route. There's a bit of an opening visible in the white tee pick, right before the tree line thickens, that can be helpful to throw for from the blues. There's also an opening closer to the basket as seen but it's a monster hyzer - have to throw wide to avoid some pesky tree branches - and you have to throw it blind. It seemed an un-attemptable shot for my 375' arm.

I played this one from the whites both my rounds here and found a Suspect off the tee worked well. Playing a little more to the left opens up a clearer lane to the basket than if you play too close to the rightmost tree line. The fairway plays gradually left (and up a small hill) given how the trees are cleared but the basket itself is positioned at the far right side of the fairway's end, as seen. Not much of a bend unless you're playing from the blues. Water doesn't come into play much beside the huge hyzer route and if you approach way long.

Brutal as a 3 from the whites. I took a 4 and a 5 on it and the 4 was for me fairly well played. Lots of holes like that here.

Great course!

Latest posts