• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/15/2015: Earlewood Park Hole 9 in Columbia, SC

That basket-to-tee shot looks like it's not the same hole.

PPD should fly nice and straight and I will either hit that guardian tree or squeak by one side or the other for a putt.

That basket-to-tee shot looks like it's not the same hole

It is, I promise.

This is a surprisingly tricky shot. The drop off behind the basket is big, so if you blow by with any speed your in the tennis court. A fairway driver seems like the play but its very reachable with a turnover mid. Im going with my beat to piss KC roc, should give me a put

It's a much better forehand hole, and I'll try that too, but it requires a much better forehand than mine.

You're using the wrong hand, David.

Patriot LHBH

See?

This is a surprisingly tricky shot. The drop off behind the basket is big, so if you blow by with any speed your in the tennis court. A fairway driver seems like the play but its very reachable with a turnover mid. Im going with my beat to piss KC roc, should give me a put

Agreed, the dropoff in elevation from the tee and especially on the green is not as apparent in the pics. David was also right about the wind shifting near the green as the terrain changes.

LHBH Truth or Suspect now, in my earlier days it was a Buzzz flip and let it fade late, but I have fallen in love with DD's mids.

This hole is my longest flat-ground drive in any tournament, even though there is a slight decline starting at the big fairway tree on the right down to the basket, then it drops pretty severely. I actually miss the 'Earlewood roll' and these impossible baskets. I played with a guy who carried an Aerobie Arrow putter there during the 2011 Throwing for Tomorrow becasue he claimed it "didn't roll away" then promtply rolled about 100+ feet across 2 other fairways.

So in 2011 it was a star-stamped FR Vulcan that hit the ivy-covered tree just to the left and slightly beyond the basket in the 2nd pic, then a DX Aviar that hit the cage but didn't roll.

In 2015 it would be a champ Tern, parked, then marked and champ Tern drop-in :)

You're using the wrong hand, David.

You could be right. The one I've been using is about worn out.

With the layout, slopping ground and close-cut grass, this hole has seen more than it's share of skip-aces over the years from lefties and RHFH.

Latest posts